How can I unlock my phone that has been locked for one year?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my phone is locked for 1 year !!! Serious Problem HELP plzzzzz

hi everybody
at first i should apologize i cant speak english well ... my grammar is a complete disaster !!
i got a realllllllllly bad problem with my lumia 630 dual sim phone
my brother took my phone and entered the password 3 times (idk maybe more than 3 times) wrong and u know phone doesnt let u enter password for some minute . then he turned off the phone and took out the battery and sim , then he put them in again and turned on the phone and ... the disaster begins ... the date and time were changed and i must've wait about 325 days to enter password again !!!! one year !!! they say i must reset my phone (hard reset) but i realllly need one of my sound recorders apps (Recorder pro) and the records in it . i tried "Find my phone" in my microsoft acc but it doesnt help . those records are really important to me i need'em now .. its been 2 days im depressed and shocked cause those records were the most important things for me to cont. my < SWEARING REMOVED > up life .. help me plz
one more question : i took a look at Devices back ups in my onedrive acc and it was written that my last back up is about 2 month ago .. does the back up contain the app and its records ??? i dont think so cause the app contains 2 gig records but the my one drive was only 1 gig filled .. (my grammar is < SWEARING REMOVED >i know)

Last edited by a moderator:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: my phone is locked for 1 year !!! Serious Problem HELP plzzzzz

I'm sorry to tell you, but right now there's only 2 options:

1) wait a year until you can unlock it again.
2) hard reset your device

That's about all you can do.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes, those are the only options. If those recording were really that important, then you should have duplicated them onto other storage devices as soon as possible.

And bad English doesn't give you permission for swearing.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Your brother's mistake was that he removed battery while your phone was still on, this is the same as soft reseting your device, which messes up your time and date.

Now i hope you haven't changed the settings for those, 'cause if it's still on 'Set date and time automatically' there might be some hope. All you should do is try to connect to your home wifi and wait couple of seconds for the time and date to change, then hopefully you could access your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs