635 wireless charging?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 635 will have optional wireless charging covers/shells like the 810 had?

Just thinking here...has any device below the 7XX line allowed Qi charging?

I think the extra contacts and the time to make sure it works is priced out of the economy line.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope.
Its highly unlikely that it will carry Qi as an option due to cost.

However, hacking it in isn't impossible. But its something you'll need electrical knowledge and comfort with working inside the guts of the phone. (source: all those touchstone charging mods to phones like the Lumia 800, HTC EVO 4G...)

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
The Microsoft store preorder page refers to the battery type and then says "QI". I am going to assume this is a mistake though until confirmed because I have seen nothing else that hinted at wireless charging for this phone. It would certainly justify the higher T-Mobile price if it were true.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, on an article about the 635 being a preorder option at the MS store a lot of people were acting like it was common knowledge that it had wireless charging. The nokia.com page definitely doesn't mention it.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Under the phone accessories section the Microsoft Store also lists a portable wireless charger and indicates that the 635 is one of the compatible models. I am still skeptical but now I am slightly more optimistic.

zultar

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
That would be a very deliberate mistake, either someone is misinformed or it could be true. We'll see how T-Mobile lists it

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
It will be available in T-Mobile stores on the 16th. At that point speculation will end. I would be shocked if QI charging is included but Microsoft is the maker, not Nokia, so there is that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos