635 now live on AT&T for Gophone!!

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
re: 635 now live on AT&T for Gophone!!

I think the title should have read: " 635 now live.... ". Thanks for the update though.

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site

What is the advantage of getting this over the Cricket variant? Cricket has the 630 on a $60 plan giving you 5GB of data per month. AT&T gives you 2.5GB data for the same price, only you get LTE. Is the LTE really worth it in this case? I tend to doubt it. Both use the same network.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 635 to use on cricket. I'm using the 630 right now since it was only 49$ and its pretty good. The speeds are decent.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I think the title should have read: " 635 now live.... ". Thanks for the update though.

I fat fingered the title for to excitement.

Picked mine up at the Microsoft store. Got the green back. This phone is the perfect size. Feels good in my hand.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
But it's a GoPhone isn't it? So if you don't refill next month, the number and sim just become inactive and inoperative. I plan to slip my existing contract sim in and let the new number expire.

You can use your existing ATT sim in a go phone. No reason to sign up for new ATT Service. I interchange between my 1020 and 635 & 925. If you try to buy the phone off the ATT website ATT requires a plan attached --- you can walk into any retail location and buy the phone off the shelf and have the ATT store swap the sim for you. Physical store does not require the purchase of a gophone plan.

jiovine

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Visual voicemail does not work with a cricket SIM installed:( also the tethering option is not listed in settings.

I don't believe tethering is allowed on Cricket which may explain why it is missing.

I wonder if you can manually configure visual voicemail? You will need to update the voicemail phone number

To change your voicemail number

1.On Start, tap Phone Phone tile > More More icon > Call settings.

2.Tap the Voicemail number box.

3.Tap the Edit voicemail number box, use the keypad to enter a new voicemail number, and then tap Save.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe tethering is allowed on Cricket which may explain why it is missing.

I wonder if you can manually configure visual voicemail? You will need to update the voicemail phone number

To change your voicemail number

1.On Start, tap Phone Phone tile > More More icon > Call settings.

2.Tap the Voicemail number box.

3.Tap the Edit voicemail number box, use the keypad to enter a new voicemail number, and then tap Save.

I was able to get tethering working on cricket with my att 1520. That's why I thought I could get the att 635 to work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo