Lumia 635 and SD card issue.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody gotten the Lumia 635 and used an SD card for music and photos? When I try to use either Xbox music and mix radio, the phone lags and is slow to load my artists. I had a SanDisk ultra but upgraded to an extreme plus to see if that would help but it didn't. Anybody have any tips or know a fix? Much appreciated.

13Elves

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I threw in an old 4GB one, I have no idea of the speed but it was bought in the last year or so. I've used Mix Radio but no lag or other issues have come up so far.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody gotten the Lumia 635 and used an SD card for music and photos? When I try to use either Xbox music and mix radio, the phone lags and is slow to load my artists. I had a SanDisk ultra but upgraded to an extreme plus to see if that would help but it didn't. Anybody have any tips or know a fix? Much appreciated.

Xbox music app is really slow in reading local music collection. Your SD card may not be the reason. Try using the 'Music hub tile' app to access the old music app. If there is delay in loading artists in that app too, something might be wrong with the SD card or the phone.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
even my core i5 laptop takes time to load music if I will sync my music collection for the first time. I think that is the exact reason why Apple still hesitates to support SDcards on their iPhones.

13Elves

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
even my core i5 laptop takes time to load music if I will sync my music collection for the first time. I think that is the exact reason why Apple still hesitates to support SDcards on their iPhones.

My i5 does no such thing and no device should. The op is not talking about the first time or syncing music but about using the streaming and offline features of the Xbox and Mix music apps.

The behavior exhibited by his phone is unusual and if it can't be fixed thru reseting (hard or soft) then he needs to return it ASAP.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input everybody. I did try that app you suggested keerthi and it appears to be perfectly fine. It must be both mix radio and Xbox music. Maybe a future update will resolve this?

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I do understand what your talking and yes when I do sync my music for the first time it does take some time for my phone to organize it all. When I go into data sense all of my music is under "other" as it sorts it all out. Once that finishes, Xbox music and mix radio both lag and freeze. Like how an old cell used to be on the internet with the checkered board pattern. Very agitating.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I do understand what your talking and yes when I do sync my music for the first time it does take some time for my phone to organize it all. When I go into data sense all of my music is under "other" as it sorts it all out. Once that finishes, Xbox music and mix radio both lag and freeze. Like how an old cell used to be on the internet with the checkered board pattern. Very agitating.
There is lag when reading/writing files to SDcard as compared to internal which is seamless. The Xbox Music/Video app aside from being slow/buggy are no longer integrated to the OS unlike the Zune player in WP7 so this adds to the lag.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems faster to me on the 635 than my 529. Make sure you press the back arrow and on the top right of the small screen represtentation , X out and close any background programs you may have running but don't really need to have open. It constantly surprises me how many I've left open in the background. I believe that frees up RAM. Another possible work around is to go to the new Files app and click the song you want which will be listed in the music tab of the SD card. When I do that, selections load very quickly for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb