Bluetooth Car Audio - Auto Play?

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Please excuse me if this has been covered. I did a search but I think the terms are too broad.

I want my Windows 8.1 Lumia 635 to automatically start the music player playing using the settings that it was using the last time it was playing whenever I get in my car and the Bluetooth Audio from my car is connected. This is how my old Gingerbread phone worked and as frustrating as that phone was, it was a good feature.

So basically when I get in my car and the phone detects Bluetooth Audio it automatically starts playing the music app from where it left off. Is there a way to make this happen?

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Odd that the admins moved this to the Nokia 635 forum - I would think that this function would be the same across all phones running the Windows Phone 8.1 OS. Well, any help is appreciated nonetheless.

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got a 1520 and I've tried to figure this same thing out. Every other device I've tried works like you describe but not wp. I just want a shuffle all when I choose a genre or even all songs. It's unbelievable that this is not available in Xbox music. It seems so basic. Come of MS, give us these basic features!

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My 635 has started Xbox music and started playing on its own, its not everytime though and it seems to only do it with Xbox music (not mixradio or Spotify)

I don't use it since I use the other mentioned services, but it does seem to work (sometimes)

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It's so hit or miss on my 1020 and 520. It seems since 8.1 and stop music craze messed up having it always on top...

Anyway, my guess would be device hub... But Xbox Music isn't even an allowed app... What?????

beehumble

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on a Lumia 1520. Music used to automatically play in the car, but now won't until I manually load up Xbox Music on the phone when I'm in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs