New 635

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked one up last week. I am impressed! Wish it came with a nano sim through. So I could switch out with my 1520 from time to time. Love my 1520 but at times it would be nice to go small. So I guess I am majoring in 1520. Minoring in 635
Not a problem at all, I am using my nano sim right now in my 635, I go back and forth between my iPhone and 635. No adapter needed. Just align the sim on the right side slider and push in until sim is almost flush with top of tray. I use a toothpick very easy and the spring contacts hold the sim tight. The open sim tray makes this easy, Internal sim trays not possible like the 1520.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i bought a set of adapters for this reason, they've worked perfectly in the various phones i've used them with.

​just don't put in an empty adapter into a sim slot (like for safe keeping) as it will get stuck and be a nightmare to get out.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what it is about this phone. Maybe the perceived value over my LG G2 since its 1/4 the cost, but for whatever reason I just like using it more. I started out using the 635 for phone needs and the G2 for games and media, but at some point last week I started leaving the G2 at home. the 635 gets better battery life (don't ask me how), gets more attention with the orange and green backs, and has been more useful has a personal assistant thanks to Cortana. Anytime I need to do anything when I get home, leave work, or when I get to the end of a destination, I just tell Cortana to remind me. So far, she's been right on the spot with everything.

I probably will stick with this phone for another generation and see what the 645 or whatever orange phone has to offer.

JREwing

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
This is my first post to the Windows Phone Forum. Just picked up a 635 for the wife from the Microsoft Store at $99. She absolutely loves it. She doesn't do selfies, so the lack of front camera is no big deal. She doesn't play games. This device has a incredible battery life. She used this crazy phone all day long and had 78% battery life left at the end of the day! Her old HTC One X was dead by 2pm every day.
Needless to say, she is very happy with this device.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what it is about this phone. Maybe the perceived value over my LG G2 since its 1/4 the cost, but for whatever reason I just like using it more. I started out using the 635 for phone needs and the G2 for games and media, but at some point last week I started leaving the G2 at home. the 635 gets better battery life (don't ask me how), gets more attention with the orange and green backs, and has been more useful has a personal assistant thanks to Cortana. Anytime I need to do anything when I get home, leave work, or when I get to the end of a destination, I just tell Cortana to remind me. So far, she's been right on the spot with everything.

I probably will stick with this phone for another generation and see what the 645 or whatever orange phone has to offer.

I'd like to second this if I may...
There's something about this phone that makes it the grab and go for me.

Just feels right, works fine and the battery hangs in there.

*The wife is getting one of these for her birthday whether she wants one or not!
:smile:

CnastyU

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I agree with a lot of what is being said here. The 635 was my first WP as I wanted to try 8.1 and had grown tired of the inconsistency of Android and lack of new things in iOS at this time.

I was blown away at what a $99 phone could do with the speed and ease of use it had. I bought a used 1520 and I am going back to the 635 as for everyday use the 1520 is just too much for me. Its a great device but its just way too big for my travel and everyday need.
The 635 is easily the best budget phone out there IMO over the Moto G and others I researched.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs