635 Available on Koodo now!

grantlandrice

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Just confirmed on Koodo's website. It goes for $150 in black only.
After two years with a Lumia 610 it is time to upgrade!

I was so excited I missed their error. 'Powered by Android'. :)

Oh well I hope they have it at the mall.

koodo_635.jpg

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I wish Telus and Koodo included the green back cover in the box like Rogers and Fido is doing. It is extremely hard to get those covers separately for a reasonable price in Canada

EDIT: Actually it seems the Canadian Microsoft store is selling the covers for $15 each online!

grantlandrice

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My local Koodo store had none and didn't expect them for two weeks. So off I went to get one at Fido. I changed to a poorer plan but now have the 635 with green cover.

claireggie

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Can you guys check if it says 1700/2100 on the box? I want to know if it works with wind. It is a lot more exoensive with rogers and fido, i think i saw it for 200$

Nathan Schultz1

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I just placed my order for the Lumia 635! 2 to 5 days! Woo! It's a basic WP, but it will do everything I need it to and more.

On a similar note--I stopped at a Telus store last week to inquire about it and I got an odd look from the lady at the desk. She then told me that nobody that works at that particular Telus store likes Windows Phone and none of them recommend it. She questioned why I would want one and then told me they only liked selling android phones.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM! Microsoft is ignored by Canadian retailers and customers are guided away from WP without ever getting a chance to see if they like it. Unless a customer goes looking for a WP from Telus or Koodo, chances are they'll never see the 635. :(

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I just placed my order for the Lumia 635! 2 to 5 days! Woo! It's a basic WP, but it will do everything I need it to and more.

On a similar note--I stopped at a Telus store last week to inquire about it and I got an odd look from the lady at the desk. She then told me that nobody that works at that particular Telus store likes Windows Phone and none of them recommend it. She questioned why I would want one and then told me they only liked selling android phones.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM! Microsoft is ignored by Canadian retailers and customers are guided away from WP without ever getting a chance to see if they like it. Unless a customer goes looking for a WP from Telus or Koodo, chances are they'll never see the 635. :(

Congratulations on the new phone!

I think you are partially correct that Microsoft is not having much success due to carriers and retailers, but I truly believe if they wanted to offer their other phones in Canada via the Microsoft Store unlocked (The 930, 820, 1320, and 1520 for example) I bet they could easily do that. Why they choose not to is a mystery to me

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Not too bad to be honest. It takes a bit to get used to but not that much.

And the phone looks great when the screen is off (I like the black :p)

But all in all I have to admit this phone is far superior to my old 8s. It's a little faster, feels great in the hands, a little bigger so the 3 columns don't look so akward, the Nokia apps are pretty cool.

The only trouble I've had is that there doesn't seem to be a proximity sensor. So when I checked my voicemail yesterday I pressed on a button with my cheek.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb