Loudspeaker has poor quality?

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I got my new Lumia 635 a few days ago and so far I love it. I had one unpleasant surprise though: the loudspeaker is of rather poor quality. The default alert sound sounds very distorted even at ringer volume 7 (the minimum hearable outside). I did not have this feeling with my Lumia 710.

I have confirmed that the issue is not with the alert sounds, as they all sound fine with headphones, and all of them sound quite distorted without headphones.

I am now wondering whether I should return this to get a new 635, or if it is common to all 635's, in which case I will keep this one. How do you guys feel about your loudspeakers?

Last edited:

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Sound on my 635 is fine. No complaints.

OK, thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll go to a store and try out a 630/635 there to see if it's noticeably better than mine, if yes I'll send it back. The quality of the alerts is so lousy that it's very distracting to nearby co-workers.

HerrKaputt

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So, it turns out the majority of the problem was due to me keeping the plastic cover that comes with the phone as protection. It seriously distorts the sound. Even after removing the plastic cover, I think the sound is quite below the average, but no longer catastrophic.

I'll check in a brick-and-mortar store if their 630's or 635's have similar sound and let you guys know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99