Auto focus...

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
if you have to tap the screen to focus, its not auto focus. Its also not a feature that seems too important to me, but there's always a chance it could be added in a future update.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
If the camera sensor is capable, then yes autofocus can be enabled by a software update. Nokia has done this in the past with a device.

But why do you ask? All Windows Phone devices, except for Lumia 530 have autofocus.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If the camera sensor is capable, then yes autofocus can be enabled by a software update. Nokia has done this in the past with a device.

But why do you ask? All Windows Phone devices, except for Lumia 530 have autofocus.

I use my phone to take photos of receipts for work and personal tracking. It does not take good close up shots, cannot read receipts at all. My 520 did much better at this. On my 635 the tap screen to focus does not work right or at all. From some other posts I saw I thought that feature was not on this model.

Its more curiosity than anything else :). Love the phone either way.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone to take photos of receipts for work and personal tracking. It does not take good close up shots, cannot read receipts at all. My 520 did much better at this. On my 635 the tap screen to focus does not work right or at all. From some other posts I saw I thought that feature was not on this model.

Its more curiosity than anything else :). Love the phone either way.

Autofocus can be a hit or miss, I would recommend using Office Lens to help you arrange your stuff.

Btw if the default software isn't focusing right, try to manually set focus using Nokia Camera.

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Autofocus can be a hit or miss, I would recommend using Office Lens to help you arrange your stuff.

Btw if the default software isn't focusing right, try to manually set focus using Nokia Camera.

Thank you for the advice. I've tried those and I cannot seem to get clear receipt shots. Is this a EDOF sensor by chance?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I've checked this out and compared the listed stats to the 520, and looks to all be the same. I'm wondering if I got a bad camera on my device.

that is very in the realm of possibility, esp. since its a moving part.
It's not EDOF, im pretty sure only the 530 has a fixed focus camera.
in Nokia Camera, does manual focus seem to do anything?

clvrbas

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
that is very in the realm of possibility, esp. since its a moving part.
It's not EDOF, im pretty sure only the 530 has a fixed focus camera.
in Nokia Camera, does manual focus seem to do anything?

Zip, zilch, nada. I'm thinking of going to the Microsoft store and trying there demo unit to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon