All I need is Calendar on my PC & Nokia Lumia 635

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I am going round in circles, and really need some help please, having asked one question on this forum with great success I am hoping someone can help me with this problem.
My aim is to get a calendar on both my PC & Nokia 635 that will automatically synchronise together.
I don?t mind if it?s my current one on the PC, that?s an Outlook one that came with MS Office Home & Business 2010 (Not Exchange), OR use the one that?s supplied on the Nokia phone. My preference would have been the PC Calendar it?s more flexible in a number of ways. But as I have said I am so desperate I will use what I can get to function together.
I have already set-up ?One Drive? and I can share photos, and with a USB cable between my PC & Nokia Phone I have managed to move images to and from my phone. I was told I will need to have this to synchronise together. Install this had placed a number of ?OneDrive icons in several of my folders, don?t understand this, but it seems to work.
I have a Nokia Calendar on my phone (whatever that is) and I have been painstakingly entering entries - currently to the end of October this is named ?my Christian name Calendar?
On my PC I have my outlook Calendar called ?my Full Name Calendar"
I was told by one person I must install Microsoft office 365 (paying just under ?9/month, I can?t justify that). And I don?t wish to use any of the MS office features on my phone.
I have set-up an account with Microsoft on my phone (think is generally known as a Hotmail account).
I have installed on my PC ?Windows Phone app for Desktop?
I was told by another to download to my Nokia a ?iCalendar Import? programme (by Peter Foot), I could not make any headway with this either.
My PC (Windows7) that has MS Office Home & Business 2010, Outlook
My Nokia Lumia 635 is only a month old and was updated today with the latest download.
I seem to have spoken to so many experts about what I should have I am really uncertain what I need to use from the above, perhaps the first help would be if someone can to tell me what I can discard from the above.
Thanks

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Login w the same MS Account to your phone (initial setup) and Outlook on your PC - the calendars will sync.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi MKD22, thanks for the quick reply, I will do as you suggest unfortunately I will be leaving early tomorrow morning and won't get the time to try this till I return - late in the day. I will get back to you. Can you confirm that I don't need to connect my PC & Nokia with a USB cable, also does OneDrive pay any part in this procedure. Thanks

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Install Hotmail connector to your outlook 2010 account. Then sync your outlook.com to your outlook 2010 application.

IT will sync both ways.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just set up your Microsoft account to both sides, they both sync with the cloud.

FYI: outlook 2013 has hotmail connector built in.

Another option with windows phone 8.1 is to use iCloud as iCloud sync works with outlook 2010 or 2013 and windows phone :)

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for delay responding, but I have been having problems accessing this site using IE 11, (for the last few days) Now using FireFox.
I am not getting on very well at all, can you please help me with the following.
Following the route to my Outlook Files (C: /users/myname/My Documents/Outlook files). I have noticed that the ?Outlook Files? folder has a lock on it, that does not seem right, would this possibly be what stopping me sync my calendar with my Nokia phone? Another thing this Outlook Files folder has three of my email addresses, including the one I want to use, (christianname@surname.co.uk) but I would have thought I should have seen a separate data file for the Calendar, perhaps this is included in the email address data file. Could someone confirm this please.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Today I exported my Calendar as a backup to a memory stick, I then imported it on another PC and it opened up fine. I did this from my email address on my PC, (christianname@surname.co.uk), so this proves that the Calendar,pst was in fact in that location. I have the same email address setup on my desktop PC and my Nokia Lumia 635, but the Calendar is not synchronizing together, what actually has to be done to get then to synchronize together? Do I have to set both of to share in someway?

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
All you need to do is to synchronize your Outlook with the Calendar on the Outlook.com server, both of your clients (Outlook 2010 and Lumia) have to update, and read from, the same, central, server version. This is the only way sync can work. No cables, files and so on. Files only export events to date.
Download Hotmail Connector here, look carefully at the instructions.
Use the same account you use in your Lumia phone, your Microsoft account.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
All you need to do is to synchronize your Outlook with the Calendar on the Outlook.com server, both of your clients (Outlook 2010 and Lumia) have to update, and read from, the same, central, server version. This is the only way sync can work. No cables, files and so on. Files only export events to date.
Download Hotmail Connector here, look carefully at the instructions.
Use the same account you use in your Lumia phone, your Microsoft account.

I have just been reading the "MS Office Outlook Hotmail Connector overview" above and have noticed it says "the 64-bit version is available for the 64-bit version of Outlook 2010 only. My office 2010 is Version: 14.0.7128.5000 (32-bit), is this therefore a problem for me?

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have found a 32-bit verson of the Outlook Hotmail connector and have installed it. ((Version 14.0.6123.5001). Will check and see if I can complete this task this evening. Will report back later. - Thank to all

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I am working from MS document Sync your Outlook calendar to Windows Phone. As I am using office 2010 - 32-bit and the version of Outlook without Exchange on my PC. It seems to give me the impression that I have to install Hotmail connector to the Nokia 635 as well . If so do I install the same 32-bit on the phone or the 64-bit?,

You don't have to install anything (and you can't, anyway), just be careful to create your new events into the same Calendar, the Outlook.com calendar, which your Nokia phone will use if you have set it up with your Microsoft account. Be careful in Outlook - it may combine your Calendars if you have others - set up the Microsoft calendar as default.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Teeeerex, I am pleased to say all is working fine on my PC and my mobile phone (Nokia).

I now have a main folder "My Calendars" and another "Other Calendars"

My Calendars has five folders within it:-
1. Calendar (this was my origional PC Calendar, I copied the items in (1) by dragging them into (2) below as this was the one that was sync with my Nokia Lumia 635..
2. My christiann Calendar (Blue in colour\) has all my entries now and amending each other.
3. Birthday Calendar (Green)
4. UK Holidays (Pink)
5 My christiann and Surname Calendar (Pale Green)
The Other Calendars Folder has no content.

I am not in a rush, but I assume as I don't use 1, 3,4 & 5. I could right-click and delete them.

Many thanks to all those who helped me, It took some doing by works fine now. Whlst I was out today I added an event on my Phone and when I returned back to my office the PC had upated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise