Unlocking Lumia 635

codedivine

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am considering buying a Lumia 635 (my first windows phone) from Koodo mobile in Canada. The phone will be locked to Koodo but I wanted to unlock it. I am wondering, how hard is it to get/buy unlock codes for Lumia models and are there any particular services you will recommend? The carrier wants $50 for unlocking which I think is a bit expensive.

travislicious

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have a Koodo Lumia 635. I haven't unlocked it yet (because I'm on Koodo) but I can tell you its not too hard to get the codes, they are just not cheap at this time. unlock.canadagsm.ca will do it for $25

If you are buying the phone without a plan, make sure you get it for $150 + tax!

dixonjr79

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i just bought the rogers PAYG version from Best Buy.I am now waiting on unlock.canadagsm.ca to provide the unlock code. i have been refunded twice using other sites.If canadagsm.ca cannot unlock the phone then i will have to return it. i will just buy the unlocked version from microsoft directly for an expensive $250 :(

codedivine

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the cautionary tale. It will be great if you could keep us updated if the CanadaGSM is able to provide a code, and if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett