Stuck SIM Card Adaptor

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
A friend got a L635 to give WP a whirl. As their main phone uses a Nano SIM they needed an adaptor to use the L635. When they switched the SIM back to their main phone they thought it would be a good idea to put the adaptor back in the SIM card slot without the SIM so they wouldn't lose it.

BIG mistake.

Does anyone know of a good tear down video of the 635, or a place where I can download the Nokia repair manual? Or, suggestions or tricks for getting that adaptor out?

drew4691

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
i just used a sim card tool, but you could probably just get away with using a paper clip and pushing it back out. (left to right)

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not a stuck SIM card, it's a SIM card ADAPTOR, which has a hollow centre section, so the pins are trapped and if you try to force it, you'll break the pins.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I broke the pins in a 520 this way.

If you can find a very thin piece of plastic to slide in between the pins and adaptor the adaptor should then slide out.

Thin card might also work.

garrettb214

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
A friend got a L635 to give WP a whirl. As their main phone uses a Nano SIM they needed an adaptor to use the L635. When they switched the SIM back to their main phone they thought it would be a good idea to put the adaptor back in the SIM card slot without the SIM so they wouldn't lose it.

BIG mistake.

Does anyone know of a good tear down video of the 635, or a place where I can download the Nokia repair manual? Or, suggestions or tricks for getting that adaptor out?

Got the same problem. Just had to break the pins

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb