On my Nokia 635(AT&T) why can't I send picture messages?.

Ray D1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia 635(AT&T) won't do picture messaging.

My carrier is Consumer Cellular who uses the AT&T network. All my Nokia 635 features work fine even email pictures but can't send or receive a picture with text. Tried the usual remedies for reset both soft and hard. Carrier techs have tried all they know with APN settings etc. Their conclusion is picture messaging just won't work with the AT&T Nokia 635. My old Nokia 520(Consumer Cellular/AT&T) did do picture messaging.
Any help or suggestions would be ]greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

Michelle Sigler

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Nokia 635(AT&T) won't do picture messaging.

My carrier is Consumer Cellular who uses the AT&T network. All my Nokia 635 features work fine even email pictures but can't send or receive a picture with text. Tried the usual remedies for reset both soft and hard. Carrier techs have tried all they know with APN settings etc. Their conclusion is picture messaging just won't work with the AT&T Nokia 635. My old Nokia 520(Consumer Cellular/AT&T) did do picture messaging.
Any help or suggestions would be ]greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,
My Nokia Lumia 635 that I just bought last week is also doing the exact same thing. I called the technicians at straight talk and they tried everything including a hard reset and could not do anything to fix it and told me I needed to get in touch with at&t the network that the phone belongs to. If anybody could help I would greatly appreciate. I live the phone except for not being able to send or receive picture messages.

cvird

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: On my Nokia 635(AT&T) why can't I send picture messages?.

Have you gotten this issure resolved? I just got off the phone with Consumer Cellular and they fixed this issue. I have the same phone and they needed to change some settings (LTE) on the phone and on the price plan (not an extra cost). Give them another call if you need to get this fixed.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Nokia 635(AT&T) won't do picture messaging.

Have you tried completely turning off the Wi-Fi? I had a semi-common issue on T-Mobile a while back where I could only send a picture message if Wi-Fi was completely off. A DP update ended up fixing it.

ApolloMoon

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone have specifics on what Consumer Cellular did to enable pictures to send via texts? I have been on the phone with three different agents and am still unable to send pics. Thanks!

D o u g

May 4, 2015
Visit site

I've had this problem before and made many calls to Consumer Cellular support. I stumbled across these settings and they worked for me.

Internet APN
APN: ccdata
All other settings are default

MMS APN
APN: ccdata
User name:
Password:
WAP Gateway (URL): 'proxy[dot]mobile[dot]att[dot]net'
WAP Gateway Port: 80
MMSC (URL): 'http[colon]//mmsc[dot]mobile[dot]att[dot]net'
Max MMS Size: blank
IP Type: IPv4

rockinroller

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

I have the Lumia 635 and switched from AT&T to Consumer Cellular to save a few bucks by sharing a plan with my wife. Ever since switching and using their SIM card in my phone (which, by the way, texted with pictures with NO PROBLEM when I was with AT&T), my attached pictures are rejected. My SIM settings match exactly what you show. I've tried 3 calls to CC's customer service and they blame the phone. Really disappointed and probably switching back to AT&T even though they're more, just to have the picture option when texting.

mabecane

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Doug
I was still having trouble getting and sending pics with the settings you posted, until i realized I had the IP type still on IPv4/IPv6, changing back to IPv4 fixed it right away.
I have a Lumia 635
Thanks

debs home 52

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site

Doug , where do I find the IP Type? I am having the same issue with receiving pictures when texting. However, I did find the IP under settings then Wifi but it won't let me change it. Plus, not sure I should. It is set to my belkin router in home. I am not very up on this tech stuff. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99