Will ATT branded 635 work on Cricket?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Looking to buy on Blackfriday, i think its going to be $40 no contract pricing at MS store/Best Buy.

Want to know if it works on cricket/straight talk, etc.

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Cricket is owned by AT&T. Runs on the same network, so yes the 635 will work on Cricket. If you get the at&t compatible sim for Straight talk that will work in the 635 as well.

JossMan411

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
If your are buying the phone directly from AT&T brand new then no it will not work. AT&T requires there phones to be on there own network for at least 6 months before they are able to be moved off to another carrier or MVNO. Buy directly from the MicrosoftStore to avoid AT&T's bogus restriction.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
If your are buying the phone directly from AT&T brand new then no it will not work. AT&T requires there phones to be on there own network for at least 6 months before they are able to be moved off to another carrier or MVNO. Buy directly from the MicrosoftStore to avoid AT&T's bogus restriction.

Cricket is att, it should work fine. If you want to bring it to a tmobile based network, different story.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Cricket is part of the AT&T network and AT&T branded phones will work fine on Cricket, as well as GoPhone. The ones from the Microsoft store are Go Phones--I purchased one and immediately put in my H2O SIM card and began using it. Any AT&T MVNO should work fine with the 635.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is not correct JossMan411. I bought a 635and a 520 from AT&T and put it on Consumer Cellular the day after I got them. While they will not unlock it for 6 months you can use it on any MVNO that allows the use of AT&T phones (and they are several)

sarathizen

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

No I don't think so .I bought mine from att and using it on blackwireless(att mvno) its working good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs