How do you know if an app supports 512MB?

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So I just purchased 2 635's for my kids and I am trying to install apps. I can see apps like asphault 8, wheres my water and others when I view the store from my computer. I try to install the apps to the phone. it says the will start downloading but I don't see any thing happening. also if I search for these apps from the phone I cant find them in the store.

not sure if a setting needs updating but it seems none of the good apps are available in the store for this device. even if I try to sort by xbox games in the store nothing comes up (when searching on the device).

are most apps not certified to run on 512mb devices? where does it say what ram is required to run an app?

thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Most apps run on 512 MB. I'd say the best metric is (assuming no other issues like parental controls) is whether the app even shows up in the store for the phone. (incompatible apps don't appear in the listings)

Best assumption is probably to think, "is this a fancy app?" (meaning, does it have fancy graphics and stuff that might need more breathing room)

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. It was a setting with family safety. I was getting nervous there. Now I am happy with the purchase. Less than $30 per phone at the MS store.

scanf

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
This phone really should have had 1GB as then it could run nearly all the 3D games in the store. The SoC with its 305 Adreno is more than capable of doing so.

I myself am thinking that even 1GB is an artificial limit as Dungeon Hunter 4 and Six Guns--both the latest versions-- run perfect on the 635. This might be case of devs not optimizing apps for 512MB as opposed to any technical incapability.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This phone really should have had 1GB as then it could run nearly all the 3D games in the store. The SoC with its 305 Adreno is more than capable of doing so.

I myself am thinking that even 1GB is an artificial limit as Dungeon Hunter 4 and Six Guns--both the latest versions-- run perfect on the 635. This might be case of devs not optimizing apps for 512MB as opposed to any technical incapability.

You could say it should have has 1 GB, but hey, its a matter of cost.
It is usually the case of devs not optimizing apps more. (could be difficult sometimes though I imagine)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)