Can I use a USB media player with the 635?

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I know that the 635 has miracast, but from what I can tell, miracast requires Internet and cannot be used without it. It is not like WiFi Direct. I also know that the 635 does not support a USB to HDMI adapter. But would it support a USB media player, that essentially reads the content of the USB device and then plays it? Sort of what a BluRay player with USB does.

I could never get this to work with Android, so I was wondering if Windows Phone was any different. This is what i had in mind.

http://www.gearbest.com/speakers/pp_64762.html?currency=USD&gclid=CJTOs_T3ysICFetDMgod0mQAIg

JennyTan

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft Wireless Adapter works the same way as Roku streaming stick. I bought a Roku streaming stick on black Friday for 39.99 at bestbuy. Plug it in to TV's HDMI, hook the it's USB to TV's USB for power, I can project 635's screen to TV watching movie. Sound and video image are pretty good. 635 gets movies from wi-fi or Cell data plan and using miracast's wifi connects to Roku stick. 635 supports this mirocast. Windows phone with S400 and above supports with this screen TV projection. I don't think 535 ( S200) supports this function.

chris722

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I think Microsoft Wireless Adapter works the same way as Roku streaming stick. I bought a Roku streaming stick on black Friday for 39.99 at bestbuy. Plug it in to TV's HDMI, hook the it's USB to TV's USB for power, I can project 635's screen to TV watching movie. Sound and video image are pretty good. 635 gets movies from wi-fi or Cell data plan and using miracast's wifi connects to Roku stick. 635 supports this mirocast. Windows phone with S400 and above supports with this screen TV projection. I don't think 535 ( S200) supports this function.
Good to know. My TV was designed with Roku streaming stick in mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes