Will Unlocked 635 work on Verizon?

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is selling the unlocked version today for $99. Will this work on Verizon? Under the tech specs it lists WCDMA networks.

sarathizen

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add . Boost /Sprint/ Virgin Mobiles are getting mid range devices . so if you get one of them and get it unlocked there is a chance it may work on verizon but not 4G/LTE/ 3G Data

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I already have a postpaid line on Verizon with no upgrade in sight. I wanted to see if the 635 unlocked could be used in place of the 822 I currently have with a cracked screen. I suppose getting a used 928 for the same price as the 635 new is just as good as it now has the update to 8.1 finally available, plus the 928 is (or rather was) somewhat of a flagship device compared with the 635.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
They're absolutely horrible when it comes to supporting Windowsphone. They're also overpriced and overrated. Their one and only flagship, the Icon, won't get the 8.1 update till next month if that.

I wouldn't say they are great. But they are not the worst supporters (sprint). I rather have a quality update than something rushed with bugs. Also by the way the Icon isn't the only flagship. And well it isn't being sold anymore either. They were the first ones to get the HTC One for windows. So they have other high end phones.

Back on topic. To the OP. I think the used 928 would be a great choice to get you by for now.

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't say they are great. But they are not the worst supporters (sprint). I rather have a quality update than something rushed with bugs. Also by the way the Icon isn't the only flagship. And well it isn't being sold anymore either. They were the first ones to get the HTC One for windows. So they have other high end phones.

Sprint is not the worst supporter. T-Mobile is. 2 of their devices have been completely abandoned and won't be getting 8.1 at all:
Nokia Lumia 810
HTC Windows Phone 8X

The Verizon HTC 8X is getting 8.1, but not the T-Mobile one.

Cricket also abandoned their 520 and 620 on 8.0.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I wondered this for the same reason you did and I don't believe anyone actually answered your question. I wondered the same as the specs say that it has CDMA technology inside the phone. Technically, by hardware specs alone, it should work. What was not said is that Verizon will not allow it on their network because it is a phone they did not sell or test on their network .

This is what needs to change in this country. Let me buy a phone, and simply let me choose what service I want based on my needs and possibly, location. Manufacturers should be responsible for testing to say yay/nay if it will work on said carrier's network. If it doesn't, it bodes bad for the manufacturer, so one would think they will do all they can to get it right.

Inkling

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Sprint is not the worst supporter. T-Mobile is. 2 of their devices have been completely abandoned and won't be getting 8.1 at all:
Nokia Lumia 810
HTC Windows Phone 8X

The Verizon HTC 8X is getting 8.1, but not the T-Mobile one.

Cricket also abandoned their 520 and 620 on 8.0.
This is why I'm hoping for a Wifi update when W10 comes. Just let all devices get it at the same time, Microsoft! You're losing marketshare because people aren't being updated! :(

Francesco Trapasso

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 635 Boostmobile in Italy no GSM network
Lumia 635 Boostmobile in Italy no GSM network
Hello I have a Lumia 635 Boost Mobile RM 1078 bought in America. I'm not working in Italy and the GSM network. I installed Custom PFD 005 and Root Tool in Windows 10 mobile I have modified the registry keys as described in this forum changing

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Cellular\MVS ettings\IMSISpecific\Default\General]
"CardLock"=dword:00000000

Just change to "CardLock"=dword:00000002

now connects to the GSM network operate voice calls and text messages, but does not work even if the network data in the options if you can choose 3G or 4G. Who can help me ? Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven