Where has my Internet explorer gone to (Lumia 635)?

anon(9268751)

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Internet explorer gone missing on Lumia 635

When I tap Internet explorer on the start screen I receive a message asking me if I want to search the store for an app. Further the message states "You need to install an app for this task" when I say yes I am taken to the store and a few browser apps are shown as being available for D/L. All other functions on the phone seem to work fine. I have powered the phone on and off a couple of time and have pulled the battery and reinstalled but continue to have this problem. It's almost as if Internet Explorer has become corrupted or uninstalled.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Internet explorer gone missing on Lumia 635

I think the tile on the start screen is broken. Go to the app list. You still should see the app IE.

anon(9268751)

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Internet explorer gone missing on Lumia 635

When I tap Internet explorer on the start screen I receive a message asking me if I want to search the store for an app. Further the message states "You need to install an app for this task" when I say yes I am taken to the store and a few browser apps are shown as being available for D/L. All other functions on the phone seem to work fine. I have powered the phone on and off a couple of time and have pulled the battery and reinstalled but continue to have this problem. It's almost as if Internet Explorer has become corrupted or uninstalled.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Try deleting browser history and stuff, I think IE is trying to return to a certain webpage that or file that is causing that thing.

If you can, try hitting the tab button ASAP when starting IE and close the tabs.

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
What about trying to open IE indirectly though ads or links from emails? Does that work?

I had a similar problem on one of my old phones running WP7.x. I don't know whether this is the same problem as it was a different phone and WP8 is also very different. Anyway, I used to open a lot of other apps (at least 10 or more, including things like Facebook, weather, whichever Youtube app I had, photo editors, etc.). Then I'd try opening IE again. Sometimes this worked.

My hunch was, due to the fact that WP7 only keeps 4 or 5 apps in the "background", I could eventually make it forget what I had open in IE. Does it actually work that way? I've got no clue.

anon(9268751)

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

after deleting the history and getting several tabs closed + rebooting the phone Internet Explorer is now working correctly. Thanks for suggestions and comments.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb