Flashlight app suitable for Lumias without a flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I know, you're thinking, "Can't have a flashlight without a flash", right? Well, I have a flashlight app that will work, but it is a bit cumbersome, because you have to switch modes after you start it.

I'm looking for something that turns the screen solid white, and will increase the system brightness to the highest level while the flashlight is on. No, can't do anything else while the flashlight is on. I just need it to get around in the dark occasionally.

I don't need a compass on the screen (phone doesn't support compass), I don't need all the other fancy stuff. No flashing for codes... please, I don't know anyone that still uses morse code.

Yes, I've searched, but there are so many flashlight apps, and most don't properly describe what all they do, that I just am having a lot of trouble locating what I want.

Is there an app on the store that will go straight to the screen flashlight from a start screen tile?

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, blank IE page would work, but I can only pin a page with an URL in it. I can't pin a blank page to the start screen in order to make it come up quick. Sometimes when I open IE, it goes to the last page I had visited, and I have to open a blank tab.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Use your brick ;-)

You know me too well. ;)

Just what I was looking for. Still, though, have to press that spot on the screen, which I was already doing, but now I don't have to choose between 4 spots for all the different functions, which means I can operate it without going to find my glasses first, and I need the flashlight running to find the glasses. :)

Thanks so much.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Flashlight XT has a "screenlight mode", which turns the screen white when you open the app (*I've never used this mode, as I have a 925, but it's in the settings). Also ad free and fast, so nothing to lose by trying it out :)

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The developer is working on un update as that will start as soon as the app is opened but I have no idea when it will get the update because the last update was middle of last year

See below the Overview from the app in the store

This simple flashlight works on every phone so be quick and grab it while it's free! Not a single ad in sight!

It is designed to fit the Windows Phone style and is the very first flashlight app to do so! If your phone has an LED then it will use it to turn your phone into a flashlight, otherwise it will use the phones screen as a flashlight. If you like the app, I would really appreciate it if you could review the app on the store :)

Update 1.0.0.6
- bug fixes

There will be another update after this one which will allow the light to turn on automatically when the app is opened, sorry it's not in this update but it is proving harder than it seems to make it reliable and bug free.
Bug fixes

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, after trying it, looks like Flashlight XT gets the nod. Once it was configured the way I like it, it opens that way with the screen light on from the start tile. Simple, fast, exactly what I was looking for.

No need for me to look any further, since this one already does just what I want, and it's free to boot. Can't complain about that.

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I've found the Flashlight-X app a little brighter than the regular Flashlight app.

That's an LED flashlight app, not a screen flashlight app. The discussion is for phones that do not have the LED flash.

I do not want S.O.S. mode, I do not want a compass, which the 635 does not have (this is the Lumia 635 Forum), do not want a battery meter, do not want to use camera button to turn on or off (635 does not have a camera button), etc, etc, etc.

Although Flashlight-X has recently been updated to include a white screen flashlight for those without a flash, it has too many functions to get in the way and make it cluttered. That's why I was specifically requesting an app that will go straight to the white screen without any further fiddling on my part. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium