Keyboard active when touch face while talking

Grampy Peter

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 635.
If the keyboard is on the screen while talking on the phone it beeps if I accidentally touch my face.
Is there a setting to disable the keyboard when it is in close proximity to my face while talking?
This happens when i speed dial a number and then must press a series of options. This requires that I bring up the keyboard to enter the options. The keyboard stays on the screen when the party answers and I start talking.

My Android phone disables the keyboard when in close proximity to my face (ie. talking). The screen goes dark until I move the phone away from my face.
Thank you.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The Lumia 635 does not have a "proximity sensor" as such, however, it will make use of the touch screen to detect your face. You have to firmly press the earpiece portion of the screen to your ear in order to activate it. Then it will go dark. When you take it away from your face, the keys will come back.

This is one of the sacrifices they had to make in the 635 to get the price down as they did. With the 520, they sacrificed the processor to get the proximity sensor. I would rather have the faster processor and learn to physically press the phone against my ear. You don't have to hold it there firmly, just start with a firm press, then you can ease up when it turns off, and keep it touching lightly.

Takes a little getting used to, for sure, especially if you rarely use the actual phone handset to answer calls, like me. I'm usually using a Bluetooth headset most of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss