OneDrive backup & my family?

Claudia Fitzhugh

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Bought my teen son a 635 for Christmas. First Windows phone in our family. Had to set up my family for apps & games, which allows restrictions. After finding questionable content on web, text & email, I tried monitoring through one drive. Backup is turned on but can't find them. Why can't I access this? Why can I only control game ratings, but not web. I set strict on his phone but he can easily change it, then set lock screen.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: OneDrive backup & my family?

See, family safety is a great tool, which I'm using myself. But it's by far not a monitoring/observing/spying tool, but one to help you manage your kid's account(s). It's meant to support you so your kids won't be able to spend money if you don't permit them to. It's meant to support you to help get appropriate apps for your little ones.
What it's certainly not meant for is taking any parental responsibility off of you. The internet contains a lot that's totally inappropriate for kids and there's no one hundred percent reliable protection to keep your kids safe from it. That's where parents come into play. So please, don't try and shift responsibility away from you. ;)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: OneDrive backup & my family?

One cannot really access device backups from OneDrive itself.

If it were me, I'd prefer a talk of expectations, the works, trust and whatnot instead of monitoring/spying, but this is from the perspective of one who's more kid than parent. So I have a different outlook, nor do I know you or your son. (just my personal thoughts)
You bought him the phone with your money, I'd (begrudgingly, if it were my parents) say you can make the rules.

You can't really filter the web right on the phone (at least, not in a way that he wont find a way to bypass it) but you can try to go to the service provider and Wi-Fi router settings. Just because things cant be stopped on the phone itself, doesn't mean it cant be blocked before it reaches the phone.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bought my teen son a 635 for Christmas. First Windows phone in our family. Had to set up my family for apps & games, which allows restrictions. After finding questionable content on web, text & email, I tried monitoring through one drive. Backup is turned on but can't find them. Why can't I access this? Why can I only control game ratings, but not web. I set strict on his phone but he can easily change it, then set lock screen.

Flash a Tomato compatible router. Tomato by Shibby ? Tomato Firmware
ASUS RT-N10P is the cheapest...

Can block content using Dynamic DNS, and web history/searches can be archived... Works with every WiFi device in the home.
Or if they are using T-Mo Cellular you should be able to have them make parental firewall.

Not exactly simple to setup, so you can imagine why this feature does not exist on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05