What are your likes and dislikes of the Lumia 635?

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
[L635] Calling all Nokia lovers

What are your love and hates on the Lumia 635? I want to try something new so I'm considering the 635 as a beginner Windows device. I'm currently rolling with a BlackBerry Q10 and have never actually made a move to something else. Do you think that would be a good starter device for me?

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: [L635] Calling all Nokia lovers

Bought my brother one was his daily driver until I bought him a Lumia 735.
He said (his opinion)
-it was speedy and fluid (SD 400)
- good size (4.5) screen resolution not bad
- No FFC
- 512 MB Memory
- 8GB Storage
- Good build quality lol he had the white one dropped it so many times not a scratch :O

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Bought my brother one was his daily driver until I bought him a Lumia 735.
He said (his opinion)
-it was speedy and fluid (SD 400)
- good size (4.5) screen resolution not bad
- No FFC
- 512 MB Memory
- 8GB Storage
- Good build quality lol he had the white one dropped it so many times not a scratch :O

Nokia's are pretty durable indeed and thanks for telling me his review. I found one brand new for $50 on Ebay :)

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Nokia's are pretty durable indeed and thanks for telling me his review. I found one brand new for $50 on Ebay :)
Durable yeah
Starter Phone yes
Daily Driver I don't know but my brother didn't really care he only cared about not having a FFC. Or on a budget.
Hmmm unlocked?

claireggie

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

no front facing camera... it really bothers me.. and the glossy yellow case is kinda sticky

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Upgraded to the Lumia 635 from the iPhone 6+

Pros:
affoardable, durable, Cortana, Windows 8.1, clear black display
Cons:
No front facing camera, camera requires perfect lighting to produce good photos, a little laggy at times

teamkillYAY

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Broke my iPhone 5s, and I didn't want to pay for a brand new 6. I went to Tmob and figured I would get a windows phone to hold me over until the 6s comes out. For what its worth, heres my quick review :

First they tried to talk me into a android. Atleast the Tmob guy said he loves windows phone, just the android was cheaper. When I used to be at Verizon they would flat out laugh if I mentioned I wanted a windows phone.

The 635 is actually a nice phone for $99. I don't notice any pixel issues, and it looks basically the same as my iPhone. Seems very quick, no lagging. Calls seems good - and i get better reception then my iPhone. I remember when I did the Tmob test drive they told me iPhones don't get as good of a signal then windows phone. They actually recommended I test drove a windows phone instead of a iPhone. Camera is okay, nowhere near a iPhone but i never really took many pictures besides basic ones. If I want a professional photo I have a camera for that. I wish I had a flash for a flashlight! Battery life is better then my iPhone. The plastic case feels great, and I am surprised I enjoy the brick feeling of the phone compared to my beautiful to stare at yet slippery iPhone.

Lets talk about Apps. I have been able to find every app I used on my iPhone - about 30 apps. The only difference is some of the apps charge when they are free on the iPhone. Also some of the apps are built by other people and are knock offs that function okay but not as good as the normal iPhone ones. A example of this is my starbucks app. For windows phone its call Starbux , which looks identical to the iPhone starbucks app but it is glitchy and all the words are changed around so I assume they don't get sued lol.

My only real complaint is that Microsoft needs to do a much better job of guiding through the setup of the phone. A iPhone just works with 5-10 min of setup. My windows phone took 2 hours to organize, setup multiple emails and social accounts. Frustrating when i have to look everything up also online - no easy instructions to go from iPhone to windows phone quickly.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
As it was made, there really isn't much to not like. It's hard not to like it because it doesn't have a FFC or a flash. Buy something else if you want these items. It's like saying I dislike it because it didn't come with a free car or an xbox one. I knew what it's hardware limitations were when I bought it, and for me, it has been and still is a great phone.

DWill22

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 User Reviews

I have been looking for a cheap Windows phone to mess with but the selection is rather poor This phone has just 512Mb ram and no flash or front camera. It also isn't very attractive like the majority of Lumina phones. My other option which is the Blu Win HD but it has a poor processor and people are complaining about performance.

Is this phone the best option on T-Mobile in a price range of 50-150?

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 635 User Reviews

I have been looking for a cheap Windows phone to mess with but the selection is rather poor This phone has just 512Mb ram and no flash or front camera. It also isn't very attractive like the majority of Lumina phones. My other option which is the Blu Win HD but it has a poor processor and people are complaining about performance.

Is this phone the best option on T-Mobile in a price range of 50-150?

I am also on the hunt for a cheap Windows phone and I was thinking the Blu or the 635.. I guy at work has the Blu and loves it... This is strictly a fool around phone. I want to put it on Net 10 as the reception is great in my building.... I do love that the Blu is made in America.... so many First world problems..... LOL

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the Blu but IIRC it's not LTE on T-Mobile.

I really like the 635. It offers a great deal of value for the dollar and the camera is fine for casual snapshots.

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

The internals of the blu make it not worth the price. The 635 has a better processor and gpu and cost half the price. The only thing it only has 512 MB ram. I still don't understand why they are still making phones like that. It cannot cost much more to include 1gb.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site

The internals of the blu make it not worth the price. The 635 has a better processor and gpu and cost half the price. The only thing it only has 512 MB ram. I still don't understand why they are still making phones like that. It cannot cost much more to include 1gb.

I hear a lot about the 512MB "issue". What I can say is I've owned a 635 for about 7 months now and have not had any problems running any of the apps that I use. There likely are conditions where this would be a problem, but I've never run into them. Bottom line: I'm very satisfied with the 635.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the Blu but IIRC it's not LTE on T-Mobile.

I really like the 635. It offers a great deal of value for the dollar and the camera is fine for casual snapshots.

I've got LTE on TMo with my at&t branded unlocked L635, what the heck are you talking about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo