Win 10 is smooth on the 635

footesouljaa

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
got it on my 635. the startscreen very laggy! everything besides that seems to be ok.
but my spotify offline playlist is now gone and also says network connection error :(

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Could be placebo...Netflix content seems sharper and fiddling with the 635 Lumia camera I think the low light performance has improved quite a bit.

fedrat

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
W10 installed on my 635 as daily driver.
Couple of odd bugs in IE such as not being able to save pictures and had to reinstall Facebook and Twitter. Apart from that, all good so far.

Prathamesh Tambe

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my 630 (daily driver), and its smooth, new keyboard text is good, "camera " app, not the lumia camera , its basically a lumia camera 5 ,(without rich capture),keyboard it slow sometimes when you type fast .

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it worth it if it's your only phone?

Biggest issue so far is battery drain on my 635. Much higher than before. Phone frequently gets warm.

For the feature gains today, I'd say no. It's not like there are massive gains like Cortana or anything. It's all very modest enhancements, with probably a lot of back end stuff to support better Universal Apps etc.

And as some things are broken like Battery Saver I'd wait - at least until Office apps come out - as those will be some of the better features.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe true multitasking is finally upon us?

No. Multitasking model is the same, which means it's phone/battery friendly.

It is already possible for apps to run background processes if they need it, and that is all that is required.

Having any old game burning away the battery in the background is not something I want on a phone.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
How do u roll back if u have no computer? Can u put the developer preview app back on your phone and check for updates and go back that way?

As far as I know it is possible only using a PC.

have you found anyway to switch between dual sim in phone section? it was linked when i was using WP8.1, now i dont have options :(

Sorry, can't help you there. 630 is a single SIM, but I've read on the other forum that on 730 dual SIM option also is not working. Maybe they didn't include a dual SIM support yet.

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know it is possible only using a PC.

Sorry, can't help you there. 630 is a single SIM, but I've read on the other forum that on 730 dual SIM option also is not working. Maybe they didn't include a dual SIM support yet.

I think you meant that the 635 is a single SIM device. AFAIK, the 630 is dual SIM.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
*my 630 is single SIM. Sorry, skipped the "my" part. :D
630 has a single and dual SIM version, 635 is LTE device. That's the difference.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I thought about putting it on my 830 ... for a good while ... but then I always come to ----- "Nah" haha ... nope nope nope :winktongue:

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not smooth for me.

A little glitchy, but main thing is that many apps dont work at all. Including all of the Bing/MSN apps (News, Weather, etc.).

Just uninstall/reinstall those apps, they are now renamed to just News, Sports, etc but work just fine.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs