May 12, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckzhX1O6Lto

Installing NOW!
Instructions....

Yea updated!

"Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones (9941.12498) is installed."
"Welcome to Lumia Cyan"

Go TO Your Windows Insider APP and pock Slow or Fast ring then go to Phone Update

http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-preview-for-phones-released-later-today-74887/

Windows 10 Technical Preview currently works with the following phones:

Lumia 630
Lumia 635
Lumia 636
Lumia 638
Lumia 730
Lumia 830

In addition to being one of the supported models, your phone will need to have at least 8GB of storage and must be running Windows 8.1 (Denim not required). Some phones, regions, and mobile operators might not support Technical Preview, China for example isn’t included in the preview program.

The initial list of supported phones will surely disappoint many users, especially users on high-end devices like the Lumia 1520, but Microsoft says it’s committed to bringing support for more Windows Phone models worldwide.

Known issues...
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...of-windows-10-technical-preview-for-phones-2/

- Existing alarms will not be migrated to Windows 10
- Wi-Fi settings don’t roam when phone is upgraded to Windows 10
- VPN not available in current Windows 10 builds. Setting will fail to launch.
- Additional language keyboards may not be present and may not be able to install on US builds after upgrading to Windows 10
- Photos app will fail to launch periodically when attempting to add a photo attachment
- Quiet Hours is missing the automatic rule that enables Quiet hours during calendar appointments marked busy. Also the setting “Anyone breaks through if they call 2 times in 3 minutes” us unchecked but enabled.
- Apps are not displayed in Battery saver after the upgrade.
- Access Point Names (APNs) in recovery images can fall out of date. For some phones/networks, this will block the cellular data and MMS capabilities of a phone when recovering back to the base image.
- Cellular data not working while roaming, despite enabling data roaming
- Using a Bluetooth headset while playing back video results in low frame rate for video, due to a bug in the interaction between video playback and Bluetooth.
- Sync to Microsoft Band doesn’t work after updating to Windows 10.
- DataSense resets data use history on upgrade to Windows 10.
- Trying to set lock screen picture will fail at times
- Tapping on “Playlist” from start screen or from within Music App fails to play music.
- Cortana tile and settings are missing on the start screen after upgrade

Microsoft has published a list of the supported languages in the first build. Read on to see them all.

Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
Catalan (Spain)
Czech (Czech Republic)
Dutch (Netherlands)
English (UK)
English (US)
Finnish (Finland)
French (Canada)
French (France)
German (Germany)
Hindi (India)
Italian (Italy)
Japanese (Japan)
Korean (Korea)
Polish (Poland)
Portuguese (Brazil)
Russian (Russia)
Simplified Chinese (China)
Spanish (Spain)
Spanish (Mexico/LatAm)
Swedish (Sweden)
Thai (Thailand)
Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
Turkish (Turkey)
Vietnamese (Vietnam)

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Can someone confirm that this works with the AT&T GoPhone (prepaid no contract) variant? WalMart has them for fifty dollars.

edit: confirmed, yes it does.

Last edited:

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
How are u installing it mines won't update. I hit the slow build and the pole rebooted I checked for updates and it days my life is already up to date I even uninstalled the preview for developers app and still nothing

estabien

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Can someone confirm that this works with the AT&T GoPhone (prepaid no contract) variant? WalMart has them for fifty dollars.

I have an AT&T GoPhone, and the Windows Insider sign up process went smoothly, as did app install. I am currently downloading the update now. It seems to that the AT&T variant is compatible (much like how it was with Developer Preview).

EDIT: Since the update just went live, Slow Build users will probably have to wait a bit. I opted for "Fast Build" because I have a second device that I can use in the case of errors, and I am currently downloading the update. Quick download, btw.

echan

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i went through and reconfigured quiet hours to match my old 8.1 settings and quiet hours doesn't seem to work at all. I keep getting texts and calls anyway during quiet hours. Is anyone else experiencing this with the preview on their 635?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i have the exact phone but its my only phone .... can it be used as a daily driver.... ex. make calls and use data ?

I'm using it on mines no major issues it's actually pretty stable my biggest gripes are no Cortana voice controlling weaker battery life and slight lag but its a preview and I expected worst so I'm not complaining. Love the notification center and voice to text option always available on the keyboard I don't think I want to go back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999