Screenshot of Windows 10 Technical Preview on Lumia 635

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
All in all thus far, pretty awesome changes. A lot of minor changes too like the little cursor on the keyboard, the different font. Looks really good thus far. Performance, however, isn't so great. Definitely very buggy, laggy, and makes the phone noticeably hot while running. I would say it runs semi-smoothly at this point.

Also, it appears the phone icon is now huge.

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind about the phone icon. After restarting the phone due to it heating up and lagging, the phone icon is back to normal. Definitely buggy and laggish right now.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Im debating getting Best Buy to price match Amazon at 49.99 on my way home.

Is performance worse than it was with WP8? I have never had a "low end" WP... Just want to know what I might be getting into.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

WalMart also has it for 49.98; my younger brother shattered his 920 this morning and I sent him to get a 635 as a replacement. Now I'm slightly jealous that he can load the TP - fortunately, new stuff scares him and he wont install it or rub it in my face haha

glovenc

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Is performance worse than it was with WP8? I have never had a "low end" WP... Just want to know what I might be getting into.

And I have never used a high end WP. I've been using the 635 since it was released on T-Mobile last summer. I've also used the 520, 521, and 822 on Verizon. I recommend the 635 without reservation for modest users. For a high end WP user, you'd hopefully like it a lot for a budget phone given its modest capabilities and lesser processor, as most people seem to in the multitude of reviews for it. It works smooth enough with W10 however that I have no intention of switching back to 8.1. It's buggy, somewhat laggy in certain things, but still usable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss