Nokia Lumia 635 (concerns)

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a Nokia Lumia 635 yesterday (GoPhone with Pre-paid AT&T Sim), so today was my first full day with my new device...

A few thing I have experienced so far that have me concerned...

1 - Tucson, AZ is an LTE market but the phone never budged off of the 4G indicator, and running speed test, I got about 5Mbs/d which definitely seems more like 4G than LTE?
2 - while using Here for GPS I was kept getting an alert about data roaming (could this be related to the fact that it is a GoPhone?).
3 - battery seemed to drain really fast :(
4 - duplicate texts (I seem to be getting double texts from some senders...seems to be only when they are also using a Windows phone).

Just finishing up doing a factory reset to see if I see any change tomorrow.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hm. Can you confirm other AT&T devices that are LTE capable get LTE? It could just be your small area that doesn't have it or something.
(For those outside the US, HSPA+, while a 3G tech, is marketed as 4G here, with true 4G LTE being marketed as LTE or 4G LTE)

3 - it could be the intense honeymoon usage, stuff setting up in the background - give it a few days to settle.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe that GoPhone has data throttled below 8Mbps and hence the result for 4G and speed test indicating 5Mbps.
Was the battery drain whilst you were using GPS? If so, that is a common phenomenon.
I can[t help you out on the other items.
Good luck.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
No, GoPhone offers full LTE speed--the only difference between GoPhone and postpaid AT&T is there is no roaming. The only sure way to test is to have two phones side-by-side to make sure you don't happen to be in a spot with a bad signal. My sister lives in the midst of a solid orange area on the AT&T map and yet she can't even make a call from inside her house. If she walks to the end of the driveway she gets just enough signal to sometimes make and receive calls, but forget data.

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hm. Can you confirm other AT&T devices that are LTE capable get LTE?
My HTC One M7 was getting LTE just fine

I believe that GoPhone has data throttled below 8Mbps and hence the result for 4G and speed test indicating 5Mbps.
Was the battery drain whilst you were using GPS? If so, that is a common phenomenon.
It's a GoPhone but I'm using a standard postpaid SIM. I was using GPS though...

I did reset the phone and contacted AT&T CC - they checked the account and it showed I had an iPhone (which is strange since I previously had an HTC One M7) - they reset something on their end and I rebooted the phone and LTE and the Hotspot are working now but the speed is still kinda slowish it seems...will keep running tests. :)

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Sim provisioning.... that will do it... Same thing happened to me when I got my 920, my sim was from my Focus Flash and they fixed it in like 5 min at the store

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yup, after AT&T provisioned the SIM, everything sees to be working now (hotspot, LTE).

I do have some random issues with the screen dimming where I have to toggle the power button to bring the screen back to full brightness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett