Occasional Dim screen flicking.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This problem just started today. Sometimes when I wake the phone up the screen is extremely dim and is flickering. The touch screen is responsive but if i try and brighten the screen nothing happens. If i turn off the screen and turn it back on that fixes it in till it occasionally happens again. I have read on it and many associate it has a software problem not hardware. But then they say its because of auto brightness which this phone doesn't have. This seems to be a common problem so i don't think the device is defective. Anybody experiencing this?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If it is a software problem then a hard reset might help :) Or use the Lumia Recovery Tool.. When restoring the backup, please keep in mind to pick a backup date that predates the problems you have mentioned and if there isn't then, my advice is to skip the backup restore.

If you have enough time you could try it with a backup that was saved and if the issue is still there then you should wipe the phone again and go for it without restoring a backup :)

Last edited:

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks I will look into that. It seems to be associated with the low brightness. I have also found that if i set the low brightness any lower then the stock setting it judders and lags a little when turning on from sleep.. Anybody with this phone mind setting the low brightness to a lower setting to see if you phone does the same?
If it does just tap the 3 dots at the bottom right to reset it the the stock settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven