Will ANY Nokia Lumia 635 Work On Sprint?

SpeedyBlueDude

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Right now I currently have an iPhone 6, and I freaking hate it. Jumped off the Windows phone train when they didn't have a flagship for 2014, so decided to get an iPhone 6 as my Bridge Phone between the 1020 and the next Flagship.

At this point, I'm tired of not being able to use my Band to it's full features, so I decided to buy a cheap Nokia Lumia 635. Sprint is my current carrier, because they're the only ones who had a spare iPhone 6 at launch.

Now, if I buy a CDMA Nokia Lumia 635 (from Virgin Mobile), will Sprint accept that for use, considering it is a supported phone (They know cell a Cyan 635), even though it belongs to a different carrier? Has anyone had any luck with this?

SpeedyBlueDude

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
You hate iPhone 6?!

I'm just not very involved with the Apple ecosystem, nothing else. I love the design of the phone, but it's just the odd one out when paired with my Surface Pro 3, Windows 8.1 PC/Laptop, Xbox One/360, etc.

Plus... I love the Microsoft Band, and all it's missing in terms of being fantastic is the ability to respond via Cortana/voice, and the onscreen keyboard, and those aren't going to come to iOS by the looks it it.

Same reason I won't buy the Apple Watch even though I WANT it, I know It'll be unusable come later this year when I dump the iPhone 6 for the flagship Windows Phone.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Right now I currently have an iPhone 6, and I freaking hate it. Jumped off the Windows phone train when they didn't have a flagship for 2014, so decided to get an iPhone 6 as my Bridge Phone between the 1020 and the next Flagship.

At this point, I'm tired of not being able to use my Band to it's full features, so I decided to buy a cheap Nokia Lumia 635. Sprint is my current carrier, because they're the only ones who had a spare iPhone 6 at launch.

Now, if I buy a CDMA Nokia Lumia 635 (from Virgin Mobile), will Sprint accept that for use, considering it is a supported phone (They know cell a Cyan 635), even though it belongs to a different carrier? Has anyone had any luck with this?

I am wondering the same thing. Virgin Mobile is a Sprint owned MVNO which means the phone WILL work on Sprint. However, if it is locked to Virgin Mobile you will have to have it unlocked.

I ordered the $30 one from Amazon this morning and I am hoping I can get it unlocked and working on my Sprint line. I currently have the Ativ S Neo which is actually a better phone, but I want to test out the 635 with the Windows 10 preview on a live phone.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. Virgin Mobile is a Sprint owned MVNO which means the phone WILL work on Sprint. However, if it is locked to Virgin Mobile you will have to have it unlocked.

I ordered the $30 one from Amazon this morning and I am hoping I can get it unlocked and working on my Sprint line. I currently have the Ativ S Neo which is actually a better phone, but I want to test out the 635 with the Windows 10 preview on a live phone.

Then they may have a tough time getting virgin mobile to unlock the phones, I mentioned if there was a way to unlock a 4s I use to own; virgin mobile mentioned that they do not unlock their phones. But that was some months ago, I guess the best thing would be got actually got to the microsoft store and buy it upright through them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb