Power Button stopped working

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

So this is an odd one... today my 635 power button stopped working. Meaning when the phone locks, pressing the power button does not 'un-sleep' the phone and turn the screen on.

What is more odd is that if I press the power button AND down volume for 10 seconds, the phone soft reboots. To me this indicates that the button is working, at least partially, but Windows is ignoring it.

Clearly at this point a phone hard reset with OS reinstall is one option which may fix things (or not), but I thought I'd ask if anyone had seen this odd scenario or know of a fix.

Thanks

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

So this is an odd one... today my 635 power button stopped working. Meaning when the phone locks, pressing the power button does not 'un-sleep' the phone and turn the screen on.

What is more odd is that if I press the power button AND down volume for 10 seconds, the phone soft reboots. To me this indicates that the button is working, at least partially, but Windows is ignoring it.

Clearly at this point a phone hard reset with OS reinstall is one option which may fix things (or not), but I thought I'd ask if anyone had seen this odd scenario or know of a fix.

Thanks
Can be both a hardware or a software issue...open the cover and check the buttons (power volume rockers) for me...i found that a black rubber dot came out..rendering the power button broken...but if I press it hard, it works...
As a workaround you can use the double tap to wake up your device instead of the power button for the time being

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I checked that. Buttons are good.

In fact I just found out that if I LONG press the power button, it wakes and asks if I want to shut the device down, which is actually a way to 'wake' it up.

However a short press will not sleep/wake the phone.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So the unit doesn't update the power charging status indicator either. Except after a reboot.

Reboot -> plug power in and it beeps and shows charging.

Unplug -> still shows charging.

Most odd. It's calling for a hard reset/re-flash. Will let people know if that fixes these issues when I get around to doing it.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
ok, so I did a backup, reset and restored. Problems gone.

Somehow the 635 corrupted the OS and several power related things stopped working until OS re-install.

Not really ideal...

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
ok, so I did a backup, reset and restored. Problems gone.

Somehow the 635 corrupted the OS and several power related things stopped working until OS re-install.

Not really ideal...
You should have gone for the Lumia software recovery tool which flashes the latest commercial version available for your device and would eventually remove any issues with the device instead of a hard reset.!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss