Hi,

So this is an odd one... today my 635 power button stopped working. Meaning when the phone locks, pressing the power button does not 'un-sleep' the phone and turn the screen on.

What is more odd is that if I press the power button AND down volume for 10 seconds, the phone soft reboots. To me this indicates that the button is working, at least partially, but Windows is ignoring it.

Clearly at this point a phone hard reset with OS reinstall is one option which may fix things (or not), but I thought I'd ask if anyone had seen this odd scenario or know of a fix.

Thanks
    03-26-2015 03:41 PM
    Hi,

So this is an odd one... today my 635 power button stopped working. Meaning when the phone locks, pressing the power button does not 'un-sleep' the phone and turn the screen on.

What is more odd is that if I press the power button AND down volume for 10 seconds, the phone soft reboots. To me this indicates that the button is working, at least partially, but Windows is ignoring it.

Clearly at this point a phone hard reset with OS reinstall is one option which may fix things (or not), but I thought I'd ask if anyone had seen this odd scenario or know of a fix.

Thanks
    Can be both a hardware or a software issue...open the cover and check the buttons (power volume rockers) for me...i found that a black rubber dot came out..rendering the power button broken...but if I press it hard, it works...
    As a workaround you can use the double tap to wake up your device instead of the power button for the time being
    03-26-2015 03:46 PM
    Yes, I checked that. Buttons are good.

In fact I just found out that if I LONG press the power button, it wakes and asks if I want to shut the device down, which is actually a way to 'wake' it up.

However a short press will not sleep/wake the phone.
    03-26-2015 03:53 PM
    635 supports double tap to wake? I'll search for that.
    03-26-2015 03:54 PM
    635 supports double tap to wake? I'll search for that.
    Settings> touch > double tap to wake...check that button.
    03-26-2015 03:55 PM
    Only got Navigation Bar/Vibrate in there.
    03-26-2015 04:09 PM
    So the unit doesn't update the power charging status indicator either. Except after a reboot.

Reboot -> plug power in and it beeps and shows charging.

Unplug -> still shows charging.

Most odd. It's calling for a hard reset/re-flash. Will let people know if that fixes these issues when I get around to doing it.
    03-26-2015 06:07 PM
    ok, so I did a backup, reset and restored. Problems gone.

Somehow the 635 corrupted the OS and several power related things stopped working until OS re-install.

Not really ideal...
    03-26-2015 09:53 PM
    ok, so I did a backup, reset and restored. Problems gone.

Somehow the 635 corrupted the OS and several power related things stopped working until OS re-install.

Not really ideal...
    You should have gone for the Lumia software recovery tool which flashes the latest commercial version available for your device and would eventually remove any issues with the device instead of a hard reset.!
    03-26-2015 11:14 PM
    635 DOES NOT support double tap. It doesn't have proximity sensor. It's already been discussed a few times.
    03-27-2015 02:29 PM