How do I add a word description under apps icon on my Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to add word description under apps icon on lumia 635

how to add word description under apps icon on lumia 635

there is only apps icon on my lumia 635 , there is no word description under it ( for example : setting , photo , camera , Facebook , Internet ....)
I don't know what's that icon mean

how to add word description under the icon

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to add word description under apps icon on lumia 635

Welcome to Windows Central.

Are you referring to the tiles in the Start Screen? If yes, try re-sizing the size of the tiles. This can be done by holding onto the tile until the rest of the screen dims out, and then tapping on the arrow that points down to the right - this will increase the size of the tile.

The name of the app of the tile is not shown in the smallest tile size, but the other larger tile sizes show the app or tile name.

gfederline9

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Windows Central.

Are you referring to the tiles in the Start Screen? If yes, try re-sizing the size of the tiles. This can be done by holding onto the tile until the rest of the screen dims out, and then tapping on the arrow that points down to the right - this will increase the size of the tile.

The name of the app of the tile is not shown in the smallest tile size, but the other larger tile sizes show the app or tile name.

I hope Microsoft had an update in the future , put word description under the apps (or title ) on the home screen , I don't know what's the apps icon mean without the word description lol

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Did you increase the tile size? There are app "titles" for the "Medium" and "Large" tiles, but not for the "Small" tiles.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

If you use the icons enough you get to know what they mean...

If you see screen shots where there is a name under an item that probably is a Live Folder and has two or more apps bundled inside... Every time you create a folder you get to label it. Lumia Denim: using Live Folders on your Lumia - Lumia Conversations

Additionally there are Tile Creator Apps in the Store which give you options of adding text to tiles. This is a popular example: Skinery Themes | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster