Why can't I open the settings app in Windows 10 Phone Technical Preview- Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I cannot open the settings app in Windows 10 Phone Technical Preview- Nokia Lumia 635

Really I have 2 problems. My main one is that the settings app will not open AT ALL. Whenever I click on the settings button it just clicks, looks like it is about to open, but does not open. I also cannot access it in the ALL SETTINGS part of the notification area. I need a fix to this ASAP because my second problem is that my phone is not being picked up by the Windows Recovery Tool but I am using an unofficial cabal so this could be the problem. This is annoying, however, because my phone did not come with a USB cable only a cable that plugs into the wall so really I have no other way of doing this. I was incredibly happy with the Windows 10 Preview and if it was not for this problem I would be happy to use it everyday but this is a huge problem. I made the huge mistake on downloading this to my main phone on a whim which, in retrospect, I should not have done at all. I really hope that someone can help me fix this as using the setting is, obviously, a huge part of using my phone.
Thanks.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cannot open the settings app in Windows 10 Phone Technical Preview- Nokia Lumia 635

Really I have 2 problems. My main one is that the settings app will not open AT ALL. Whenever I click on the settings button it just clicks, looks like it is about to open, but does not open. I also cannot access it in the ALL SETTINGS part of the notification area. I need a fix to this ASAP because my second problem is that my phone is not being picked up by the Windows Recovery Tool but I am using an unofficial cabal so this could be the problem. This is annoying, however, because my phone did not come with a USB cable only a cable that plugs into the wall so really I have no other way of doing this. I was incredibly happy with the Windows 10 Preview and if it was not for this problem I would be happy to use it everyday but this is a huge problem. I made the huge mistake on downloading this to my main phone on a whim which, in retrospect, I should not have done at all. I really hope that someone can help me fix this as using the setting is, obviously, a huge part of using my phone.
Thanks.

First step is always to try a soft-reset. Have you done this?

sachinpandey

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: I cannot open the settings app in Windows 10 Phone Technical Preview- Nokia Lumia 635

Its very easy, just dial the number ##777## , u will see two options hard reset the phone and cancel, choose reset device to hard reset your device but It will wipe your all data. If it doesn't solve ur problem, use Lumia software recovery tool to downgrade ur OS to the latest firmware update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3