Why are my photos disappearing after inserting my sd card on my Nokia Lumia 635?

W

WPCentral Question

Nokia Lumia 635 issues after inserting SD card - photos disappearing, etc

I finally got a 16GB Micro SD today after having my Nokia Lumia 635 for 4 months, and it was fine at first. I sorted out the storage sense and then after my apps were transferred, I connected my phone to the laptop to swap my music from my phone to the SD card to save space.
Then several issues came about: any screenshots or photos I took just didn't exist. I couldn't find them on the system anywhere, I even connected the phone to the laptop and checked the files there, but that didn't help.
My Facebook messenger started deleting my messages (e.g. I'd type a message, minimize the app for a bit, click back on and it only showed the other person's messages. I'm not sure if this is the phone or Messenger, either way, I've no idea how to resolve that).
Bing wouldn't work - typing anything into Bing (via Cortana) just brings up the message, 'I can't seem to connect right now. Try again in a little bit' despite having both WiFi and 4g (plus being connected to Facebook Messenger, so obviously I have internet?).
Also my friend I was talking to sent me a link to a YouTube video, which I clicked on and it redirected me to a page in Internet Explorer saying 'We're having trouble with this site's security certificate. We recommend that you don't continue to this website' etc. It's just YouTube, and a perfectly safe link. The only other issue like this I've had before is searching for lyrics and a Virus scare pop-up came on the screen, but no issues were had with that afterwards.
I've removed the SD card and the phone is exactly as messed up as with the SD card now, nothing's working. I tried taking a picture without the card, too, and the picture just didn't show up/save, despite me still having space on my phone. I've tried turning it off and on again, googling the issue and so on. The only other thing I can think to do is do a hard reset, which I don't really want to do, since I don't fancy losing everything I have. Help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo