Why does my sound recorder keep stopping?

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Sound recorder keeps stopping

I am using Nokia Lumia 635, One of the applications is a sound recorder (Dadny is the name I think). I have been trying to use this for ages, with the mic on the back of the phone I have to start it and place the phone face downwards so the mic can pick up the sounds. It seems to switch itself off after a very short time, hence I never get the length of recording I want. Friends of mine use their phones to record speeches, I can't get mine to keep recording.

I now suspect that when the phone is laid on a flat surface face down it goes t sleep.

I seem to recall seeing a setting for switching off something when the phone is facedown.

Can anyone help me find this setting and tell me how to turn this off. Perhaps this will solve my problem.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sound recorder keeps stopping

If you've got Gestures Beta installed, the setting is in there.

However, I suspect that the setting that you're looking for is in the lock screen time out duration - this controls the time your phone stays "idle" until the screen is powered down. This can be found in Settings > lock screen. Certain apps stop running once the screen is "locked"; your sound recorder may be one of them.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, it's nothing to do with the "Idle" time.
There must be another setting specifically "face down switches off" If I set the recorder running and leave the phone facing up (and the mic face down) it works fine. (not very good for the mic. If I face the phone face down, it cuts off after a short time, hence I don't get my recording.
I recall seeing this setting when I first had the phone, but can't find it now.

Roofman99

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Many thanks, that has solved the issue. can now record without it cutting off. I don't quite understand why this does control recording but it does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720