Why can't I send or receive pictures when I text on my ATT Nokia Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I can't send or receive pictures when I text on my ATT Nokia Lumia 635

When I try to send a picture I get a message that says message failed and when other people try to send me pictures I never even get the message. Anything I can do to fix this?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't send or receive pictures when I text on my ATT Nokia Lumia 635

Do you have AT&T, or are you using an unlocked AT&T device on another carrier network?

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

When I try to send a picture I get a message that says message failed and when other people try to send me pictures I never even get the message. Anything I can do to fix this?

So what should I do, just wait it out and hope it gets fixed?

I assume you are the Original Poster?

The link Laura provided was for a specific problem with Straight Talk and ATT style SIMS where Windows Phone users could send MMS, but not receive it. You said you can not send or receive? That means bad settings and not the linked issue at ST on their servers. That has been resolved at any rate.

Have you tried the settings I linked? http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/333498-going-nuts-here.html#post2933337

rydak

May 12, 2015
Visit site

If i change my settings to replicate what you did is there a chance i screw up my original settings because I have no idea how to get them back if thats the case, and yes i am the original poster.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
No, you can change the APN settings as often as you like. Just note down the old settings in case you want to revert to them. Chances are you will need to turn off your phone and turn it on again after changing the settings.

rydak

May 12, 2015
Visit site

I did just try the setting u linked and when I try to send a picture through text i still get a message that says message cant send, try again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs