lumia 635 microphone for Word and IE? Lost owner info on lock screen?

blahcomp222

May 28, 2015
Visit site
hi. Is there a way to use the microphone in Word to make notes? I just need something simple and easy to make notes with speech-to-text, so if not possible with Word, can you recommend a free App in the store for this that doesn't want access to my whole phone and everything you know what I mean?

Also, same for IE, there's no microphone speech to text, To get to it, I have to first type something in and search it and then in the results page it finally shows a microphone. Maybe if I download a Chrome app (if it even exists for the phone?) But I do prefer IE11, at least on my desktop.

Can I add my contact info on the lock screen if I loose the phone? Or do I have to like write it in a document on my desktop PC and then take a picture of it and then set that picture as the lock screen background? Or make similar image with an App which I'm not aware of? thanks

blahcomp222

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: lumia 635 microphone for Word and IE? Lost owner info on lock screen? + Rant

and the same thing for the driving app, HERE Drive+ (nice name), no speech to text to enter destination? No alternate routes after I search a place? Even my non android LG phone gave alternate routes, I don't always want to take the toll road. I know I can turn off Toll routes but I need to see both sometimes to see if it's worth the tolls or not and other things like if I might pass thorough somewhere and thus take route B.

Who designs this stuff like this? It never seizes to tick me off how stupid MS is programming things, from the no Start button in windows to no My Recent documents shortcut, need 33rd party program to disable auto arrange. What are they thinking? What are they thinking? What a disservice. I just bought a windows phone because android is all malware and unstable, the phones slowly get worse and worse, I downloaded a blackjack app that like 234 million others downloaded so I assumed it was safe and my phone got worse and worse and eventually died and got this windows phone. Stupid as hell. And they can't even include a 15 cent screen protector in the box. I am waiting for my 99 cents free shipping screen protector from ebay and not taking the factory one off so now I have HI THERE I"M CORTINA written over the center of my screen.

blahcomp222

May 28, 2015
Visit site
so I guess, are there any suggestions for other driving apps that are actually not stupid? I don't want to go downloading a unch of apps and then the phone gets malware and plagues my life. thank you so much.

blahcomp222

May 28, 2015
Visit site
don't even bother answering these ?s because I'm just returning this stupid phone. Like I said with android slowly getting worse and worse, I'm going to go back to that. If it gets real bad within a year and a reformat can't fix it, I'll just get the warranty like I did two times before. And I barely use the internet and I always kept wifi off and keep the phone as secure as possible, so it's not like I asked for it.
There are a endless stupid things windows programmed these phones to do. Windows has become the definition of arsse backwards!

Now I get to go back the my $25 a month plan also because the android phone I'll be getting (for the third time) doesn't have 4G or LTE (neither of which I even need or want and LTE gives off so much more radiation than 3G), so because the android I'm getting doesn't have LTE/4G, Virgin mobile will let me keep my grandfathered (because I've been a customer for years before the price raised) plan for $25 a month vs $35 I was going ot pay with the LTE windows phone. Epic fail windows phone no thank you. Offers me nothing I need over the $40 android I'm used to - all it offers is arsse backwards programming and lots of time customizing it to actually work smoothly if it's even possible to fix some things without having to basically download all new apps (really fun to remember to do if even need to reformat the phone and then it goes back to how MS programmed it). With the android, all I do is change a few settings, put a lock screen on and download fastnote pad app and I prefer Scout navigator vs the android Maps driving but either will do and are much better than the nonsense the HERE Drive app on the windows phone is. What an epic fail.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that you are frustrated with your 635.

hi. Is there a way to use the microphone in Word to make notes? I just need something simple and easy to make notes with speech-to-text, so if not possible with Word, can you recommend a free App in the store for this that doesn't want access to my whole phone and everything you know what I mean?

I can recommend the free Microsoft app "One Note" for voice notes.
You may be surprised it works very well.

Also, same for IE, there's no microphone speech to text, To get to it, I have to first type something in and search it and then in the results page it finally shows a microphone. Maybe if I download a Chrome app (if it even exists for the phone?) But I do prefer IE11, at least on my desktop.

Cortana works quite well for searches by voice.
A simple tap on the on-screen search button will wake up the voice assistant and put her at your disposal.

Can I add my contact info on the lock screen if I loose the phone? Or do I have to like write it in a document on my desktop PC and then take a picture of it and then set that picture as the lock screen background? Or make similar image with an App which I'm not aware of? thanks

I'm not aware of an easy method for adding owner info to the lock screen.
Another member here at WC may have a good answer for this.

Apologies to you for not responding earlier.

AshBayt

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
There's an app called "Lockmix". It's gives you control over your lockscreen. In addition to adding weather, you can also add owner info. And you can place them and rearrange them however you like.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)