[Guide] De-branding AT&T Nokia Lumia 635/**820**

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Enabling Cricket VVM on a non-Cricket branded WP would be a feat in itself..lol. BTW hotspot only works if you have that in your plan.
Why is that though? I thought that WP/W10M have built in profiles for VVM? Is CricKet's profile simply not built in? Couldn't we modify the registry to set whatever keys we need for that?

I'm too used to my webOS and FireFoxOS devices that let me HotSpot on CricKet without any fuss. I assume that WP/W10M are checking the service provider for a status about hotspotting or is something else going on that prevents it from happening? Quite frustrating as I use my phone as a work tool, so having access to a hotspot when I'm deployed in the field is something very useful to me. I may just have to get another FFXOS device and use that :C

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Why is that though? I thought that WP/W10M have built in profiles for VVM? Is CricKet's profile simply not built in? Couldn't we modify the registry to set whatever keys we need for that?

We could but there hasn't been known reports until now.

I'm too used to my webOS and FireFoxOS devices that let me HotSpot on CricKet without any fuss. I assume that WP/W10M are checking the service provider for a status about hotspotting or is something else going on that prevents it from happening? Quite frustrating as I use my phone as a work tool, so having access to a hotspot when I'm deployed in the field is something very useful to me. I may just have to get another FFXOS device and use that :C

Actually I have only seen reports of Android phones to be able to enable tethering on Cricket. My wife's iPhone 6S doesn't even show the toggle in settings after inserting the Cricket SIM.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
We could but there hasn't been known reports until now.
How do we go about poking in the ROM to see what registry settings it uses for it? I was reading somewhere in the WP developer documents that VVM settings are just registry configs the carrier have to make and put into the ROM, but I don't recall where they get stored.
Actually I have only seen reports of Android phones to be able to enable tethering on Cricket. My wife's iPhone 6S doesn't even show the toggle in settings after inserting the Cricket SIM.
Now you've seen reports of FireFoxOS and webOS tethering just fine on CricKet :) I've done it across one webOS device and 3 FireFoxOS devices, so I'm 100% certain it works just fine.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
How do we go about poking in the ROM to see what registry settings it uses for it? I was reading somewhere in the WP developer documents that VVM settings are just registry configs the carrier have to make and put into the ROM, but I don't recall where they get stored.

They may be but at this point there are some unknowns.

Now you've seen reports of FireFoxOS and webOS tethering just fine on CricKet :) I've done it across one webOS device and 3 FireFoxOS devices, so I'm 100% certain it works just fine.

It doesn't work on iOS and WP, Android may be because of a hack. As far as I know its against Cricket's T&C to tether without it being enabled in your plan.

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
They may be but at this point there are some unknowns.
It doesn't work on iOS and WP, Android may be because of a hack. As far as I know its against Cricket's T&C to tether without it being enabled in your plan.
I found the developer article on what settings Visual Voicemail needs to function:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn790032(v=vs.85).aspx

I'm trying to re-brand my ATT GoPhone Lumia 640 to the CricKet variant right now, and if that is successful, I'm going to see if I can run the CustomWPSystem hack on it to poke in the registry to find the CricKet keys.

Changing the product code with thor2 isn't enough to have WDRT cross-flash the firmware. ATT's stupid lock is still on the device.

For the Custom WP System route, I have the product code for the Cricket Lumia 640 from the vpl file:
<Description>RM-1073 VAR NAM US CRICKET SL</Description>
<TypeDesignator>RM-1073</TypeDesignator>
<ProductCode>059X0B6</ProductCode>

What I lack to try this method on my Lumia 640 is these items:
PhoneMobileOperatorName
PhoneManufacturerModelName

Where can these be found?

Thanks!

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to re-brand my ATT GoPhone Lumia 640 to the CricKet variant right now, and if that is successful, I'm going to see if I can run the CustomWPSystem hack on it to poke in the registry to find the CricKet keys.

Changing the product code with thor2 isn't enough to have WDRT cross-flash the firmware. ATT's stupid lock is still on the device.
There's a thread specific to the 640 which should get you sorted. http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640/407362-de-brand-your-t-lumia-640-lte.html

mgforce

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello All,

I am new member here... must start with confession that am noob when it comes to Windows / Lumia. Long back had used Windows 5 & 6 and and then moved to Android. Today am here because have got spare AT&T branded Nokia Lumia 635 (RM-975) which is officially unlocked. The OS version is 8.10.12397.895 and phone Update returns with status as "Phone is up to date".

I want to to un-brand this phone and update to firmware which has maximum LTE bands open. And this is where am confused how to proceed.

Especially because the guide in OP talks about having min. OS 8.10.14219. Also the download links (for files needed) is not working.

Pls give me some pointers, tips and direction. Thanks in advance

EDIT:
After couple of hours of search, reading etc have been able to get the CustomWPSystem and Custom PFD files from xda and still proceeding without worrying much of base OS version.

But when ibstalling CustomPFD from SD Card the CustomWPSystem just closed without any message about operation complete? Any idea here.

Last edited:

mgforce

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Guess, no one to help newbie :unhappy:

EDIT:
Finally got this working. Thanks to help of xda members Pasquiindustry & DilanChd followed by using steps as in OP.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)