Lumia 636 firmware to lumia 638

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone
I live in India and yesterday i bought my lumia 638 and then i found out that Microsoft India has no plans to release Lumia denim for it :'(
now i found out that Lumia 638 is also released in Hong Kong as lumia 636 and they have released Lumia denim for it so can i flash lumia 636 firmware to my lumia 638 ... will it work ?? will it void my warranty??

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Why not install Preview for Developer on your 638?
(No idea if flashing works but the 638 has different bands then the 636)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's not going to work, at least, that will not be allowed. (636 firmware on 638)

However, going to a different 638 model, may.

UNIX based

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well unless you can find a way to unbrand your phone your going to have to go the developer preview route if you want denim it seems. Don't worry my phone is a denim developer preview and its about 30% faster then official cyan its more then adequate for a daily driver. also equalizer doesn't work in denim look at the windows store for comments if you don't believe me. I wanted it to so it was kind of a let down. Microsoft just needs to update it though.

Sandesh SMS

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
if i install insider preview now, will i get equilizer?????
i really need equilizer.
since i'm new to windows phone i didnt take risk of installing windows 10 insider preview.
bought my lumia 638 just 4 days back.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
i really need equilizer.
since i'm new to windows phone i didnt take risk of installing windows 10 insider preview.
No, the windows insider preview doesn't have the audio equalizer as per I know because I had used windows insider to get denim update in my Lumia 630 and I didn't found the audio equalizer, and after few days, I rolled my phone back to windows 8.1 cyan, and Later, got proper denim update with audio equalizers without insiders preview.

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
i really need equilizer.
You can try to update your phone by connecting to Wifi and check for phone updates. If, the Denim update is not found, try by changing your country region to Hongkong and check for phone updates and you could get denim update, somebody in the microsoft lumia forum told me that for lumia 638.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
What is the real advantage of the 638 versus the 635 anyways? Why release a phone so recent with no plans for extended support? Even the 520 will get Windows 10...

Sorry if this is a stupid question, it just seems like the most (if not only) trivial Lumia hardware.

Sandesh SMS

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
You can try to update your phone by connecting to Wifi and check for phone updates. If, the Denim update is not found, try by changing your country region to Hongkong and check for phone updates and you could get denim update, somebody in the microsoft lumia forum told me that for lumia 638.

i tried. but didnt work. didnt get any update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs