Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
For the unwashed, what's Navifirm that's mentioned north of here?
It's a tool that lets you browse the Nokia Care (or whatever it's called) servers and see what firmwares are available.
NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.
Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It's a tool that lets you browse the Nokia Care (or whatever it's called) servers and see what firmwares are available.
Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone

Just wanted to add this disclaimer to those who were asking what Navifirm is; this tool is only for advanced users / users who know what they are doing and are aware of the risks.

If you flash the incorrect rom you will destroy the phones cellular radio (and probably more than that), as there are many variant models of a phone (designated with a specific number in the form of RM-XXXX) sold in specific regions thus the firmware only has support for the bands used those regions.

As a rule of thumb, you should flash the Country Variant (CV) ROM which supports your phone - this will also debrand your phone - [Meaning No Carrier splash screen]. The easiest way to check is by going to Microsoft.com, search for your phone and chances are your region will be shown at the bottom of the website Or alternatively you can check the about section on your phone.

However it will also mean, once the update rolls out for the Country of the ROM you flashed only then you will get the update and NOT when your carrier releases it (the sim you're using or the ROM the phone was previously running before the flash).

Furthermore ROM flashing does not sim unlock your phone.

So best double check you are flashing the correct firmware for your specific phone and use the USB cable supplied with the phone as that is factory cable.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
ATT's update support page for the 635 now shows the update began being delivered on June 9, 2015, with Denim and GDR2, WITH Reset Protection!

@Jack Neill, yeah, the equalizer comes with this update as well. Nice to have. It has the equalizer and virtual surround for earbuds, which really improves the sound quality. Loving it.

Okay, the way I cheated and got the GDR2, I didn't get the Reset Protection. Perhaps I need to roll back, re-brand to AT&T, and get this. Then again, I don't foresee needing the reset protection feature. Then again, no one ever does until it's too late.

kramium

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
The Update is Not Applicable to AT&T Lumia 635 GoPhone .....

Sadly, this software package will only update Nokia Lumia 635 Item SKU: 6599A

Not Applicable to Nokia Lumia 635 Matte Black GoPhone Item SKU: 6561A ...

Attachments

• 2015-06-12_001152.jpg
    2015-06-12_001152.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 7

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The Update is Not Applicable to AT&T Lumia 635 GoPhone .....

Sadly, this software package will only update Nokia Lumia 635 Item SKU: 6599A

Not Applicable to Nokia Lumia 635 Matte Black GoPhone Item SKU: 6561A ...

While the GoPhone service may not update the GoPhones, my understanding is that if the GoPhone 635 is being used on an actual post-paid AT&T account, it will be treated exactly like the 6599A SKU. I can't confirm that at this point, until I find someone with that phone being used that way to confirm. I happen to know someone, and have a call in. I'm waiting for a return phone call to get the info on that. I'll post back with an answer one way or the other, so we'll all know for sure exactly what phones are getting it.

EDIT: Okay, it is now confirmed that the GoPhone will NOT get the update, even if you're using it on a regular AT&T account. This confirmed through actual users.

@kramium: Thanks for the heads up on that one. It will help a lot of people understand why they aren't getting the update.

Last edited:

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I bet that the vast majority of people bought this phone as a Go Phone to either use with Go Phone or with a Post Paid like I did... They better release denim for the Go version or I am going to very very angry and stomp my feet and cry like a 5 yr old till they do..

stefanorickeets

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Did anyone else get Denim on their AT&T Lumia 635?

What??! No GoPhones?! You're joking right?! AT&T is beginning to infuriate me now!

Sent from Tapatalk on Windows Phone

Last edited:

stefanorickeets

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

How does this debranding thing work? I don't need all this stress from AT&T. 😊😊

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

How does this debranding thing work? I don't need all this stress from AT&T. ����

Yeah, glad I debranded now. I knew that update sounded too good to be true. I bought the GoPhone because it was cheaper, and use it with normal AT&T wireless service.

[Guide] De-branding AT&T Nokia Lumia 635/**820**
[Guide] Installing WP 8.1 Update 2 on Lumia Devices**
How to unlock an AT&T Windows Phone (non contract edition)

Unlocking is not necessary. It's just something I wanted to do, because it gives you options later, just in case. If you've got a new L635 GoPhone that's never been used, you can use the unlock instructions to get it unlocked without having to use it for a set period of time. Free and easy to unlock. If it's already been used, there may be time limit requirements. If you've had it for more than a few months, it shouldn't be a problem to get it unlocked. If the phone has already been used on AT&T, you'll have to use the normal customer unlock method.

The unlock can be performed without having to use a foreign (non-AT&T) SIM. From the phone's dialing pad, enter "##7820#" as instructed in the thread, Unlock without sim.

If you plan to debrand AND update to update 2, then you can save a few steps. Stop after debranding Process: Part 2 - Registry Edits, step 3. Do not do the phone reset! Instead, go straight to the installing Update 2 instructions, Process: Part 2 - Registry Edits, and follow the steps there in Part 2. This will save you a lot of time. This is how I did it, and it works flawlessly.

stefanorickeets

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, but the first link is broken.

EDIT: The link works, sorry. For some reason it doesn't when I click it in the Tapatalk app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium