T-Mobile update to 8.10.12400.899 this weekend.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mobile 635 was upgraded to 8.10.12400.899 over the weekend. I'm doing a Bing search to see what's involved. I was hoping for the "Call Cortana" feature but I tried 555 555 9876 and got nothing.

Ben_NC

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My TMO 521 received an update a few days ago. Update notice said it was a fix for a 'Reboot' issue some phones may be experiencing.

But anyways, after the update, my OS Ver. Is: 8.10.12400.899 and at this time there are no other updates available for my phone.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My TMO 521 received an update a few days ago. Update notice said it was a fix for a 'Reboot' issue some phones may be experiencing.

But anyways, after the update, my OS Ver. Is: 8.10.12400.899 and at this time there are no other updates available for my phone.
I find this mildly amusing since I'm having reboot issues with my phone ever since yersterday. It won't shut down. It starts shutting down then gets stuck somewhere, some of my icons go blank. Only way to shut it down is to remove the battery or hold the power button.

EDIT: It appears my phone is completely hosed. many of the icons show up as blanks, at least one with a notification on top of the blank! Only good thing is I have a physical Microsoft Store on my way home from work and I have the time to stop there, and I have a support contract with Microsoft, so hopefully I'll be able to somehow get satisfaction.

Edit 2: Reformatting and replacing the SD card. Hope that fixes the problem.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150709_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150709_0001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
So I went to the Microsoft store and the good support there suggested I try a new SD card. I spent hours moving last files around to switch out my micro-SD cards so the new one I use in my Surface would work and re-installed apps and downloaded maps. No go. Rebooted the phone and it's just as bad. Same apps have disappeared. I'll go back to Microsoft Store again tonight. I'm not a happy boy - I've had three different 635s. First one was lost/stolen on vacation and replaced courtesy of travel insurance. Second one went kaflooey, now this one's gone kaflooey on me also. Forgive me if I don't want another 635. Good phone. Buggy.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
The replacement SD card was the same make and model and purchased near or at the same time. We recreated the problem with it, then installed a new 1GB store card, and no problem. So there's some kind of incompatibility between my SanDisk microSD cards and the 635. I purchased an unlocked Blu HD LTE and my card works fine with it. Not sure what I'm going to do with my 635.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans