My Lumia 635, its not opening.

stefanosGR

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Im hard reseting my Lumia 635, in the time if my phone its hard resetin, im saw on my screen an not smile emoji like that: :-( Not i cant opening my phone. I have guarantee 2 years. My phone is dead or it available a solution?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Since your phone is still under warranty for 24 months, you may want to take advantage of that and bring your phone to a service center and have it repaired there.

If not, you may download the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to your PC and use that to attempt to re-install the OS of your phone. Install the software in your PC then connect your phone to that PC; make sure to select the option that says that your phone won't start up. If that fails, then you're left with going to the service center.

P.S.
There is no need to create duplicate threads/questions on the same topic if the first one remains unanswered. Our forum members see the thread, and soon enough an answer will be volunteered. In fact, having two threads on the same topic would work against you due to clutter and fragmentation. Your other thread has been deleted.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to compare the two methods. If installation through PC works, great.. but then there's the risk that the same error would occur again, especially if it is a hardware fault that's causing it.

If you bring your phone to the service center, at least you can be guaranteed that the phone will be repaired... whatever hardware that was failing will be replaced, minimizing the risk of encountering the same error again. Just make sure that you bring your phone to a legitimate Microsoft (or Nokia, if they still exist in your place) Service Center so they will treat your phone professionally. Bring your receipt as proof of purchase so they will honor the warranty. However, the repair may take days or weeks.

So, I'd say: re-installation through PC is definitely faster, but the results are not guaranteed; bringing your phone to a service center will take more time, but the results are always guaranteed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa