Why can't I use my Windows Phone app on Mac OS X El Capitan to transfert my music?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Since I installed El Capitan on my macbook pro 15 (late 2008), I can't sync my music at all on my Lumia 635. Is Microsoft working on an update or a new software to fix this problem?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Allow me to be frank: Microsoft does not care about or take care of its WP users who run OSX.

Microsoft has officially discontinued the syncing app, not even allowing users to download it anymore. Not only that, but they didn't announce it or give Mac users any sort of alternative, instead telling users who complain to try to find a 3rd-party app.

Your only options are: use Windows; try to transfer all your music with Music Drop. If you're on a Lumia where your music will be saved on your SD card, you'll need to use the Tag Editor to app to fix the album art. If you're on a Lumia where your music will be saved on your phone, you just needed to restart after transferring.

This is the nail in the coffin for me. I switched to iPhone, and now Microsoft has a 0% chance of winning be back.

davidavo

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Same problem. Since upgrade to El Capitan I cannot synch either of my Lumia phones at all. The Windows Phone app was good - we need it back for Mac users.
I was about to buy new Windows Phone for my son but without the app to synch to our Macs its a non-starter. I really don't want to buy an iPhone but Microsoft are giving me no choice. I love the Windows Phones but we have nothing but Macs so they have to work together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte