Minor wifi issue

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

Sometimes in the wifi section of my T-mobile 635 phone it will show my connection as having "no internet access" instead of "secure". It reflects this in the notification area by showing the wifi as "limited".

Meanwhile in reality when it shows no internet access/limited the internet works fine. I can check out websites and do anything. So obviously this is not a big issue since my internet always works but still it has me curious why it does that.

Even when I got the phone and it did the initial setup and it asked me for the wifi password, it stated it could not get on the internet. I indicated to do it anyway and it did the install.

I'd say about half the time it connects it will show no internet access. One thing I've notice is that whenever it shows this it is usually slow to show it as opposed to very quickly showing "secure". Once it is secure, it stays that way for the session until i restart or turn on.. then it may be secure again or show "no internet access" with internet working regardless.

I can often make it show secure by going into the wifi sense settings (which i usually just keep off) not doing anything and coming out of them. Also, turning on an off the wifi or restarting can often make it go secure. I tried the usual for a permanent fix like soft reset, router restart etc but it's no help. Again though, the internet always works.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed that my tmobile 530 does the exact same thing (i just got the 635 a couple days ago).

It showed no internet access after starting (internet works).
I turned the wifi off and back on again and it now shows secure.
I again turned the wifi off and on again and now it shows no internet access (internet works fine).

Any reason it (530/635) doesn't always show secure when it connects?

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It is most likely a router problem than it is the phone. You have mentioned that you have reset the router, I would double check some settings in the router firmware interface itself.

What is the make of the router in question? Maybe a member on here would help you with it.

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi. It's a Time Warner Cable router modem, 100mbps, model number Arris TG16726.

I'm not very technically knowledgeable but I can definitely log in to the router and look around if I know where to look and check.

Thanks.

tomseys

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Strange, they both seem to be working pretty consistently now. The only thing i did different was check the two boxes in manage at the bottom of the wifi list. Anyway, seems to be ok now.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If you didn't find an answer for your trouble, then perhaps a call to time warner and let them know about the situation wouldn't hurt. I am not familiar with that modem brand, I'm afraid.

Droska

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi.

Sometimes in the wifi section of my T-mobile 635 phone it will show my connection as having "no internet access" instead of "secure". It reflects this in the notification area by showing the wifi as "limited".

Meanwhile in reality when it shows no internet access/limited the internet works fine. I can check out websites and do anything. So obviously this is not a big issue since my internet always works but still it has me curious why it does that.

Even when I got the phone and it did the initial setup and it asked me for the wifi password, it stated it could not get on the internet. I indicated to do it anyway and it did the install.

I'd say about half the time it connects it will show no internet access. One thing I've notice is that whenever it shows this it is usually slow to show it as opposed to very quickly showing "secure". Once it is secure, it stays that way for the session until i restart or turn on.. then it may be secure again or show "no internet access" with internet working regardless.

I can often make it show secure by going into the wifi sense settings (which i usually just keep off) not doing anything and coming out of them. Also, turning on an off the wifi or restarting can often make it go secure. I tried the usual for a permanent fix like soft reset, router restart etc but it's no help. Again though, the internet always works.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Im having the exact same problem, but i just cant get my phone to connect, unlike you, if my phone says Limited, it doesnt have internet at all, even if my connection is working and everyone else in the house is using the wifi as normal.

This phone is giving a lot of headaches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre