I added a comment on MS Feedback [Preview Programs => Windows Mobile Insider Builds => (most Recent)] on 03/18/2016.

"Please add the L635 (512MB) to the list, to receive Redstone builds."

Consider Upvoting the comment, and / or anything like it [or post your own comment], and lets GET THIS DEVICE ON THE LIST !!!

Thanks.

Don
    03-19-2016 12:45 AM
    "Please add the L635 (512MB) to the list, to receive Redstone builds."
    really??? these phones wont even get windows 10 and you are vouching for redstone. very soon insiders doors will too close for the 512mb ram handsets. lol XD
    Skulls138 likes this.
    03-19-2016 12:51 AM
    Microsoft already knows that majority, if not all, of Windows Phone users want their phone to be included in the official Windows 10 Mobile list. Their decision not to include certain phones is based on solid technical information gathered over a period of several months. Upvoting for this most likely won't change their decision.
    03-19-2016 12:53 AM
    @abhishek singh21

Not sure what you are talking about. I have had several W10M builds on my L635 (512MB) and it works fine.

Try the Windows Insider app -- works a treat.

Currently sporting 10.0.10586.164 ... give it a shot ... you will LOVE it.

Don
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-19-2016 12:56 AM
    @gpobernardo

Yes, and a highly technical company will make it work fine, and not bail out on some implied excuse.

We buy the product. Not them [evidently.]

Don
    03-19-2016 12:59 AM
    @gpobernardo

Yes, and a highly technical company will make it work fine, and not bail out on some implied excuse.

We buy the product. Not them [evidently.]

Don
    What I meant is that in order to change their decision, we need to provide them the technical counterarguments that will outweigh months worth of information gathered so far. There also is no "implied" excuse - they are clear in saying that reported instabilities and unreliability are the reason for not including certain devices.

And, I'm running .164 in my Lumia 1020.
    xandros9, Guytronic and Skulls138 like this.
    03-19-2016 01:15 AM
    ^^^^^ Not following you. I have had no "instabilities" or "unreliability."

They are simply attempting to dump an entire class of product that they do not want to support based on ... AN EXCUSE. So you have to [wait for it ...] BUY ANOTHER ONE.

I say baloney. My phone WORKS FINE on W10M. So bring it on [Redstone, that is.]

Don

["technical counterarguments" ... you can look at paper and stats all day, if you wish. The fact is, it WORKS FINE. Reality very often trumps "book smarts" and BS.]

Edit: Recent report: Based on this [poor] decision, MS is dumping responsibility to support about 50% OF THE PHONES OUT THERE WHICH WERE PROMISED THE W10M UPDATE. See the article on WinBeta:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/roughly-...dows-10-mobile

Don
    Last edited by taylerdo; 03-19-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    03-19-2016 01:24 AM

They are simply attempting to dump an entire class of product that they do not want to support based on ... AN EXCUSE. So you have to [wait for it ...] BUY ANOTHER ONE.

Don
    These are the facts:
    - They have gathered information from thousands (tens or hundreds of thousands) of different users for each device, not just a single person. This means that even if a particular person doesn't encounter any problems, the remaining other users may have experienced otherwise. As I said, I'm running .164 in my Lumia 1020 and have had no issues; but that's not the case for other users. Your Lumia 635 works fine, congratulations, we're on the same wheel; but that's not the case for the other users. I'm sure it's a lot better to have a phone working on an older OS than have a phone that won't work at all because Microsoft released an OS that the phone can't handle in the long run - then users will start blaming Microsoft again for releasing unfinished OS, etc. Either way, Microsoft gets the blame, just like what's happening right now, even if their just protecting the majority of their consumers.

- We can't make assumptions on what their real reason are when they decisions are based on sound information (not emotion).

- Emotional arguments will have no effect. Whether we like it or not, the only way to have a chance of changing their decision is by providing technical counterarguments.

- We can stay in the Insider builds (except Fast Ring) to receive whatever more stable builds will be released and will be available for our unlisted devices. If no newer builds get announced, then we can simply move on knowing our lives do not revolve around our phones (or what our phones are running).

- I'm trying to make you feel better by sharing what I know, coming from a user whose phone also isn't in the current list. If that doesn't help, then I have nothing else to say.
    03-19-2016 01:40 AM

Don

["technical counterarguments" ... you can look at paper and stats all day, if you wish. The fact is, it WORKS FINE. Reality very often trumps "book smarts" and BS.]
    You may not be getting any issues, but a good majority of people with the same device, or the same internals on different devices, hit enough problems for Microsoft to make a tough decision to not include the phones that have lower end specs.

I'm sorry, but the fact of the matter is that Windows 10 Mobile does NOT reliably work on your Lumia 635. It's a dying breed.
    03-19-2016 01:46 AM
    ^^^^^ Thanks for the response. I will put you down in the "no" column.

Don
    03-19-2016 01:46 AM
    @abhishek singh21

Not sure what you are talking about. I have had several W10M builds on my L635 (512MB) and it works fine.

Try the Windows Insider app -- works a treat.

Currently sporting 10.0.10586.164 ... give it a shot ... you will LOVE it.

Don
    Are you on the fast or slow ring ? I'm stuck on .107 and I cant get the 635 to update to .164
    03-19-2016 01:45 PM
    @twa318

Try this:

Make sure your Store, and System updates are up to date.

The important part -- get on the Windows Insider app, and pick Slow Ring. The Phone will reboot.

Try Store and System updates again. This worked for me.

Let us know what happens !

Don
    03-19-2016 06:12 PM

I have been testing 2 different 512MB Lumia 635s on Windows 10 Mobile on .164. I have also been testing 2 1GB Lumia 640s at the same time, and have done the same things on both.

The 635s tend to experience a lot of app crashes that make it infuriating to use. Not every app, but apps that get hungry for RAM like Facebook are notorious for crashing, and for us Facebook will crash every time you try to post a status, comment or reply. Twitter crashes a lot as well. Neither crash at all on the 640s. Picked up the 640s for $30 each, so no big deal.
    gpobernardo and Guytronic like this.
    03-21-2016 01:13 PM
    ... Picked up the 640s for $30 each, so no big deal.
    My wife upgraded her iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6S for $1 [one dollar] and got a $200 [two hundred dollar] gift card from Best Buy for upgrading ...

You got ripped off, dude !

Enjoy your toy.

Don
    03-23-2016 06:27 PM
    My wife upgraded her iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6S for $1 [one dollar] and got a $200 [two hundred dollar] gift card from Best Buy for upgrading ...

You got ripped off, dude !

Enjoy your toy.

Don
    I got mine off-contract, so I don't pay extra monthly fees and didn't have to give them a phone to help pay for it. I got the better deal, believe me.
    03-23-2016 06:45 PM
    ... I got the better deal, believe me.
    Whatever you say, counselor.

Don
    03-23-2016 07:10 PM
    Whatever you say, counselor.

Don
    Hm I suspect he can't hear you over the amount of money he's saving.
    03-23-2016 07:39 PM
    Hm I suspect he can't hear you over the amount of money he's saving.
    How much, exactly ?

Tell us all ! [be as exact, as you can, if you know ...]

Thanks.

Don
    03-23-2016 08:00 PM
    Well, I know one thing if you're on a 2yr contract you're paying more than on a device pymt. Plan or buying a phone out right. Add the numbers, your plan cost more so no you're not really getting your phone for a dollar.
    Glad she enjoys it though, nice phone. What ever makes one happy.
    Btw, I up voted ya, not sure why. Mostly because I can sympathize with those not getting it. I also understand why y'all are not.

Thanks,

Ho
    Last edited by groady-ho baluzy; 03-23-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    xandros9 and rhapdog like this.
    03-23-2016 08:19 PM
    Wife's "plan": expensed.

Thanks for the upvote !

Don
    03-24-2016 02:43 AM
    Do your math...
    Cost:
    $1 [one dollar] + ((months you signed up for with the contract) * (monthly fee))
    "Benefit":
    $200 [two hundred] gift card.

So if you signed up for a nice 24 month contract at $50 [fifty] a month, your cost is $1201 [one thousand two hundred and one dollars]. Minus that gift card (why don't they give you cash? Because it's not worth as much as cash, as you have to spend it in their shop on their conditions) - you still end up with an iPhone plus contract that costs more than a grand. If your contract runs longer or costs even more than fifty quid per month, the phone costs even more.

Talk about TCO.
    08-24-2016 10:39 AM
    really??? these phones wont even get windows 10 and you are vouching for redstone. very soon insiders doors will too close for the 512mb ram handsets. lol XD
    Really? My 635 rm-1078 512mb got redstone from microsoft without even enrolling in the insider
    04-02-2017 11:49 PM
    My mom's 635 512 MB got RS1 as well, but by that time it was already on TH2 via Insider Preview. I left Insider and was surprised to see RS1 downloaded by itself.
    The phone runs fine, better than on TH2, but apps do crash ocassionaly. FB is a no go and Messenger works ... sometimes.
    04-05-2017 05:14 AM