Lumia 635 nav bar/keyboard scaling issues

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I go into text messaging, for example, the navigation bar covers up the options for "new text message" and the like. When I go to type a text message, the keyboard ends up covering my message field so I cannot see what I am typing. Is there a way to fix this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: lumia 635 navigation bar problem

When I go into text messaging, for example, the navigation bar covers up the options for "new text message" and the like. When I go to type a text message, the keyboard ends up covering my message field so I cannot see what I am typing. Is there a way to fix this?

what OS version are you on?

there is a setting for auto hiding the navigation bar -check in settings

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

marukun

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site

version: 1607
Build: 10.0.14367.0
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Unfortunately the "auto hide" option is not in my settings anywhere. I looked for it in "navigation bar" and "display" but it wasn't there. I also tried searching for it with no results.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately the "auto hide" option is not in my settings anywhere. I looked for it in "navigation bar" and "display" but it wasn't there. I also tried searching for it with no results.

you're on an insider build which means some things can be broken or buggy - this is one of them
check for feedback about this and upvote

kolkjaer

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have that same problem, after the last update.
I'm sure I'm not part off any insider ring wp_ss_20160821_0001.png

chris wright9

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 635 text entry box

Hi, I have a Lumia 635. For some reason when i go to send a text message my text entry box is covered by the keyboard and the bar above it which displays word suggestions. I noticed on here other people suggesting to press and hold the space bar to move the keyboard. My phone doesnt do this. I have had the phone 9 months and have never had this happen. It also seems the text entry box disapears line by line when typing into facebook and the same with emails. Please help this is all very frustrating.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a Lumia 635. For some reason when i go to send a text message my text entry box is covered by the keyboard and the bar above it which displays word suggestions. I noticed on here other people suggesting to press and hold the space bar to move the keyboard. My phone doesnt do this. I have had the phone 9 months and have never had this happen. It also seems the text entry box disapears line by line when typing into facebook and the same with emails. Please help this is all very frustrating.

You can also check #16 😊

Help in 2nd point

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...y-update-14393-67-redstone-1-non-insider.html

Last edited:

Idea male

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

This bug and more arrived w august update. Not insider. It is horrible. Why why.
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by marukun

you're on an insider build which means some things can be broken or buggy - this is one of them
check for feedback about this and upvote

Idea male

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

Wide view help. Because navigation banner is locked to bottom, it doesnot turn to hide content when using wide screen view. Before update both views work. Now help is to use wide view if important content often hidden with narrow high view.

jirim

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my wife?s lumia 635. She is using official anniversary update, NOT insider preview. Shame on you Microsoft!!!
The phone is now unusable .

I was thinking about buying new lumia 950 xl, but now my decision is clear. I will buy something with better operating system!

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Press hard on space button till it highlight the border . Then drag it to upper side.

Or

This will help you out
Lumia 635 nav bar/keyboard scaling issues - Windows Central Forums

Unfortunately, you can't move the keyboard on the Lumia 635. It's only available for devices with screens >=5".

This is a pretty bad problem that Microsoft needs to fix asap. I constantly find myself needing to rotate to landscape just to access buttons on the bottom. I seriously wonder if Microsoft even tested Redstone on the 635.

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
There's still no update to fix this problem.

I've been in contact with Microsoft support, and they're clueless.

I thought the advantage of a Windows phone over an Android phone would be that it would get updates and security fixes, whereas a lot of the android stuff never, ever gets updated and ends up with tons of security vulnerabilities.

But if Microsoft is going to force updates onto Windows phones that break them and then refuse to fix them, that seems to be even worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss