Lumia 635 nav bar/keyboard scaling issues

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I go into text messaging, for example, the navigation bar covers up the options for "new text message" and the like. When I go to type a text message, the keyboard ends up covering my message field so I cannot see what I am typing. Is there a way to fix this?

Baemir

May 18, 2016
Visit site
There's still no update to fix this problem.

I've been in contact with Microsoft support, and they're clueless.

I thought the advantage of a Windows phone over an Android phone would be that it would get updates and security fixes, whereas a lot of the android stuff never, ever gets updated and ends up with tons of security vulnerabilities.

But if Microsoft is going to force updates onto Windows phones that break them and then refuse to fix them, that seems to be even worse.

I can relate. This purchase may have been a mistake.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
It was called out specifically by Dona Sarkar as being fixed (for at least 635, 636, and 638; possibly other devices) in the most recent Fast Ring build of Redstone 2 (14926). That means, at the very least, it's on their radar. (https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nsider-preview-build-14926-for-pc-and-mobile/)

Hopefully they consider it an important enough bug to also roll out a fix on an AU cumulative update.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully they consider it an important enough bug to also roll out a fix on an AU cumulative update.

I think they would. I hope that's the case anyway. The scaling issue on my 635 makes it a PITA to use as a nav unit because in either portrait or landscape some vital info would get cut off. Nevertheless, I am glad that my 635 will get fixed some time later.

Baemir

May 18, 2016
Visit site
It was called out specifically by Dona Sarkar as being fixed (for at least 635, 636, and 638; possibly other devices) in the most recent Fast Ring build of Redstone 2 (14926). That means, at the very least, it's on their radar. (https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...nsider-preview-build-14926-for-pc-and-mobile/)

Thank god. To be honest, it's ridiculous that we have to wonder whether it'll be rolled out or not. As I said in my last post, a bug like this would have never even made it into an Android/iOS update.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank god. To be honest, it's ridiculous that we have to wonder whether it'll be rolled out or not. As I said in my last post, a bug like this would have never even made it into an Android/iOS update.

Kinda makes you wonder if they test out releases at all, at least on the phones with 480x854 screen resolutions. It was the FIRST issue I noticed on my 635, literally just minutes after I booted up. It wasn't hidden and obscure. You didn't have to dig around for it. It was so in-your-face that I seriously believe that the only reason it got released to the 635 (and others like it) was because they didn't bother to test it at all.

Baemir

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Kinda makes you wonder if they test out releases at all, at least on the phones with 480x854 screen resolutions. It was the FIRST issue I noticed on my 635, literally just minutes after I booted up. It wasn't hidden and obscure. You didn't have to dig around for it. It was so in-your-face that I seriously believe that the only reason it got released to the 635 (and others like it) was because they didn't bother to test it at all.

According to some insiders at mspoweruser the bug was reported to them dozens of times, both through the insider app and twitter, before the update had even hit the slow ring. They released it anyway. Make of that what you will.

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 636 is still broken after the update to 14393.189. Just checked to see if there were any new updates, since it's supposedly fixed in 14926.10, but no updates are available for me, yet.

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
issue on scaling for L635/636/638 has been resolved by latest build 14926.10

I signed up for the Windows Insider program just so I could install this build to fix the scaling problem.

I don't recommend it.

After updating, my SIM was no longer detected, wi-fi no longer worked, and now there is NO keyboard at all.

Going back to Windows 8.1.

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So far I'm enjoying being back on Windows 8.1, which seems to be much better than Windows 10 on this phone.

In addition to being able to see what I type, I had this problem on Windows 10 where it would keep trying to access the mobile data connection, even though I had it turned off.

I know this because I'm on a prepaid plan with no data and I kept getting text messages that I was trying to access mobile data. Now with Windows 8.1, I'm not getting those text messages. Presumably the mobile data connection works properly again instead of being broken as it is on Windows 10.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm enjoying being back on Windows 8.1, which seems to be much better than Windows 10 on this phone.

Same here. I decided to downgrade to WP8.1 on my 635 (1GB) after encountering the nav bar scaling issue in W10M AU.

WP8.1 feels way more solid and stable compared to W10M. Sure, we're missing out on some new features but we're regaining others too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster