Anniversry Update on a Nokia Lumia 635 512MB ram model

vocaloid2sim

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes the title said it all, yesterday, I saw the post that the anniversary update is now live.
I have a Lumia 635 with 512mb of RAM, and yes, my mind was blown away when I saw the anniversary update downloading!!!

Please, to anyone having a Lumia 635 with 512MB of Ram, the experience on it is smooth! just scaling problem with some apps!

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Mine does the brightness (Low, Medium, and High) correctly. Cycle it once and it should work properly.

It doesn't. The low-medium-high label cycle did work once when I updated my 635 to Redstone, but after I reset my phone, it stopped working and now displays "Automatic" every time.

The reason I reset my phone was because after the update, the tap and hold menu for Edge didn't work. But it works now after I reset it. It's simply just buggy, which is okay since Microsoft will keep releasing updates for it.

vocaloid2sim

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Win 8.1 or 10?
Was with Windows 10 Mobile build 10586, the latest one before the anniversary update came out. My Lumia 635 with 512MB is running quite well the Anniversary Update so far, despite the fact of having some apps that are not scaled correctly...

Hoping there will be a fix for this!

twint7787

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Phillip Brown3

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
how were able to push this update through? I too have an at&t 635 with no sim. i have downloaded the upgrade advisor and it says this phone is not eligible for update. any ideas? thanks in advance

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
It would have been much easier if you had enrolled in the Insider preview program several months ago, before the official launch of the public upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. At that time, it was fairly easy for Lumia 635 owners to upgrade to the preview release of Windows 10 Mobile because Microsoft hadn't yet officially decided yet to drop support for these phones.

If you had obtained the preview release of Windows 10 Mobile, then it would have been fairly easy to switch to regular production builds of Windows 10 Mobile after the upgrade was officially released. And for me, having made it on to production builds of Windows 10 Mobile, I automatically received the Anniversary Update as a regular monthly push update.

At this point, however, if you're on still on Windows Phone 8.1 then you're probably stuck with it unless you're willing to perform some unsupported hacks to enable the upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. I've never tried those hacks, so I cannot comment on how difficult or effective they are.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
So are you guys on the current build of anniversary or a redstone2 insider build?

My pc just got the anniversary update last week the day ms released the updates.

My 635 512 ram on Sprint is running 10586.545 and doing well if I soft reset every few days. If I don't soft reset it usually will on it's own when using edge.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a spare 635 that is mainly used as a GPS Speedometer in my vehicle. (Speedometer on my vehicle doesn't work.) Brought it in to do updates and was surprised to get the Anniversary update on it. I have a second spare 635 I may have to put the battery back in and see if I can get the update on that one as well. This is nice.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
In trying to get my 635 sprint model SIM unlocked I hard reset it. When it finished loading I checked for updates just for kicks. It downloaded 14393.321 up from previous 10586.545

I am going through settings now to set up.

glossallalia

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to the latest and now it won't stay connected to the Microsoft wireless with the tv after a hard reset and restore. After about 30 seconds it disconnects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills