Nokia Lumia 635 podcast app search problem

chaoserrant

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
There is a problem with the native podcast app in Nokia Lumia 635 that appeared suddenly a couple of months ago and I do not know why and how to fix it. The "get podcast" does not work. No matter what I type in the search box, it says that there are "no results" yet this cannot be since I type very general terms and I know there are podcasts that match those terms. I am not sure if this has to do with the podcast app itself or with the whole Windows update and how the search function relates to the podcast databases.

Does anybody know the cause of this and if it's fixable?

Fuhrer D

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a problem with the native podcast app in Nokia Lumia 635 that appeared suddenly a couple of months ago and I do not know why and how to fix it. The "get podcast" does not work. No matter what I type in the search box, it says that there are "no results" yet this cannot be since I type very general terms and I know there are podcasts that match those terms. I am not sure if this has to do with the podcast app itself or with the whole Windows update and how the search function relates to the podcast databases.

Does anybody know the cause of this and if it's fixable?

I just realized I am having this same issue on my 1520. I wonder if it has anything to do with Groove music going "offline." Would be interested to know if you found a fix.

bsalloum

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I've realized I'm also having this problem. I've also noticed a couple of subscribed podcasts have stopped updating. I unsubscribed to one of these to try re-subscribing to see if that would fix the problem, but can't find it. I'm guessing the app is dying a slow death.

TimBF

May 20, 2018
Visit site
I've had the same problem with the podcast app for about 6 months. I assumed it was microsoft dropping support for the app. I searched for an alternative podcast app but nothing I've found will install on my Windows phone.
So I searched for why the 'get podcast' had stopped working. No success...only found your posts.

Then I stumbled on this...
https://www.itworld.com/article/295...ow-to-use-the-windows-phone-podcasts-app.html
Briefly...
1. use IE (or your favourite browser) to find the podcast
2. copy the URL of the RSS feed for the podcast
3. paste the URL into the 'get podcast' field
4. the podcast should come up, along with the usual 'subscribe' option

I've tried it on one podcast and it worked perfectly. Not a solution, but a workaround. Hope it works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb