hard to get excited?

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I just looked into it again, and I take back what I said to an extent. You will at least get Nokia Maps (turn by turn with voice nav for free), Nokia Music, some okay looking earbuds and the option of changing the backplate. Not too shabby. Plus Nokia typically has pretty good build quality. It's definitely not a top tier device though.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
If I was offered a N8, or a 710 or a 800, I would take the N8. The good news is Nokia is using a great OS now and I am sure sometime in early 2012 we'll see some great top of the line phones from them.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I see why you'd take the N8, but I'm just not a fan of Symbian. It's super flexible and powerful, but I really like WP7.5

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Symbian is a great, great OS and I used it for a long time... but being honest, I know WP is the better ecosystem. So I'm glad Nokia made the change (my favorite hardware maker + my favorite OS before any of this happened :D)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The 710 is a mixed bag. You do get the good Nokia apps. But not having a FFC seems like a big oversight considering the Radar and Focus Flash both have it.

Nokia antennas are awesome. So reception and call quality is probably going to be best in class. That's a major plus. Especially if the target market is people upgrading from feature phones. To them, it's still a phone first and foremost. So great reception and call quality is on the top of the list.

And I think the fact that it can be accessorized with different colored backs will play well with the young or creative crowd. I do admit that seeing a yellow back on a black phone does look pretty sweet.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The review is up on Engadget now, it's generally very positive.

Nokia Lumia 710 for T-Mobile review -- Engadget

The thing to bare in mind is that this is a budget phone, of course some of its specs are going to be underwhelming. But if you were to consider something like the Samsung Galaxy Ace as a budget Android phone (similar prices unlocked), it stacks up very well indeed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea