Lumia 710 or HTC Radar?

ballroomdru

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have been paying very close attention to this.
1.4 Ghz vs 1Ghz Processor
HARDWARE BUTTONS versus touch buttons.
Nokia tends to make top notch RF and sound quality phones.
The Nokia will be cheaper?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

ballroomdru

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
3.7 inches, ClearBlack, TFT, Gorilla Glass. It being Clear Black screen means you get deeper blacks and better contrast, but not as good as the Lumia 800 AMOLED plus ClearBlack display.

What actually is the ClearBlack Display used on your Lumia 800 or N9? | nokiagadgets.com

Exact specifications from Nokia's developers page
Device Details -- Nokia Lumia 710
Ok, Clear Black ROCKS...this might be the best touchscreen in direct sunlight. We will see when It comes out.

unwiredben

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have both a unlocked UK GSM HTC Radar (not compatible with T-Mobile US 3G or 4G) that I got back in November and a T-Mobile Lumia 710 that I got last week. So far, I like the Radar a little better, but the 710 is a fine phone.

Pluses for Radar: front-facing camera which works great in Skype, thinner, better feeling back, uses full-size SIM cards, capacitive back button that's easy to hit, more responsive to wake up button

Pluses for 710: MicroUSB connector that faces the correct way, Nokia apps are better than HTC apps, hard buttons for home and search that make them harder to hit, working 4G connection.

I'm finding that the hard button for back slows my usage down a bit, and I often end up hitting the bottom of the screen when I want to hit that button.

BBBJJJ

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you're getting it from T-mobile. So that would be $50 down for the Lumia and $100 for the Radar.

I, too, had to pick between these two. Radar had slightly larger screen and has a front facing camera. Nokia's clear black display has a better contrast.

The deal breaker for me was the capacitive buttons on the Radar. I don't like pressing on them accidentally all the time. The physical buttons on the Lumia are not bad at all!!!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
One important plus for the Radar nobody has mentioned yet: best battery life of any current WP device. I looked at a 710 in store for the first time, just a dummy phone, and it's actually pretty nice... All the pics I've seen online make it look thicker... It felt good in the hand too. Almost replaced my HD7 on the spot, but I'm gonna wait and see how TELUS prices the 800 off-contract. Sasktel will have the Radar for $370, and since they're partnered up with Bell, my carrier, I may not even need to unlock it.

FinalJustice

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
One important plus for the Radar nobody has mentioned yet: best battery life of any current WP device. I looked at a 710 in store for the first time, just a dummy phone, and it's actually pretty nice... All the pics I've seen online make it look thicker... It felt good in the hand too. Almost replaced my HD7 on the spot, but I'm gonna wait and see how TELUS prices the 800 off-contract. Sasktel will have the Radar for $370, and since they're partnered up with Bell, my carrier, I may not even need to unlock it.

I can verify Radar's battery life (which is why I bought it on Wind Mobile), with HEAVY USE I went 1 day 5 hours on one charge. *all on 4g: media, video calling, youtube, maps, the works.

I strongly recommend the phone, it also has a separate GPU (Graphics Processor) which makes the UI on the phone very responsive and snappy.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I can verify Radar's battery life (which is why I bought it on Wind Mobile), with HEAVY USE I went 1 day 5 hours on one charge. *all on 4g: media, video calling, youtube, maps, the works.

I strongly recommend the phone, it also has a separate GPU (Graphics Processor) which makes the UI on the phone very responsive and snappy.

All windows phones have this, and all have the exact same GPU (1st generation windows phones have the exact same GPU, and all 2nd generation windows phones have the exact same GPU). The only differences amongst windows phones are screens, sizes, cameras, and processor speeds (some slightly overclocked vs other phones to 1.4 or 1.5 GHZ). This is why you have the same experience amongst any windows phone you use because they were all set up with basically the same internal specs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs