Performance on AT&T?

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
So I got a Samsung Focus off contract from Amazon a couple months ago in November. Since I got it off contract, I payed $250 for it. I have until the 31st of January to be able to return it if I wish. Even if Amazon dings me for returning it, I figure I'll get at least $200 back.

Well, I'm crazy enough to return it already and get a 710. After returning my Focus, I figure I'd spend no more than $150 on a 710 since it's only $350 off contract. (I don't want to get the 900 from AT&T in a couple months because I don't want to get locked into a new contract with WP8 stuff hitting this November-ish.)

But, I obviously don't want to do this if I can't use anything better than Edge, or something. I compared the frequencies of the 710 to the Focus and they're all the same. Does anyone know the real world ramifications of using a 710 on AT&T? I know it's not out yet, but there must be some sort of past examples to pull from.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
As long as you get the 710 unlocked you should be fine with AT&T. Either an imported one unlocked or getting the T-Mobile one unlocked should be fine. Both the unlocked and T-Mobile versions support AT&T frequencies.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Any particular reason you're returning your Focus? It's a great phone even if it is first generation. I don't think I could give up my AMOLED screen and expandable storage just to get a 710.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs